cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

azara007
Journeyman III

Can't Find Radeon WattMan

I've just bought 2nd hand  ASUS X550IU Laptop with RX460M GPU, and everything was normal and I can modify my WattMan profile, until one day it is crashed when I tried to run X-Plane 11 and I uninstalled it with AMD Clean Uninstall Utility and installed the driver again from the web (current version : 18.2.1)

Now the problem is, I can't find the WattMan setting, I've tried to check for update and it says my driver is up to date.

Is there any answer for this issue?

Spec :
ASUS X550IU

FX9830P with R7 IGP

RX460M 4GB GDDR5

8GB DDR4 RAM

BIOS version X550IU.306 08/09/2017

Untitled.png

Thank you, looking forward to your answes

0 Likes
6 Replies

Is this the driver you installed? Download Drivers

Try installing it again using DDU instead of the AMD tool > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

Thanks, I'll try it

0 Likes

AMD Disables WATTMAN in laptops. Wattman is only for Desktops.

Laptop are not meant to be over/under clocked by software due to heat and power restrictions.

0 Likes

but it was there with the same driver version.

0 Likes

Here are a few threads concerning Wattman in laptops:

https://community.amd.com/message/2841350?q=laptopattman

GL702ZC - Wattman doesn't exist in drivers?

I want to undervolt my gpu but cant do so.. I cant see the radeon wattman settings in the radeon sof...

From RAY_M, One of the Moderators here at AMD Forum. Copied from second link from above (GL702ZC):

Re: GL702ZC - Wattman doesn't exist in drivers?

ray_m

Due to thermal issues, most laptops are not designed to support overclocking. Enabling Wattman on a laptop would enable BOTH under and overclocking, so it's disabled.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

only desktop version of the software. If your using the proper laptop drivers wattman wont be included or you wont get much control to bump your settings. If you wanna OC you could try after burner but I would advise not to as you will run into many more issues & cook your crutch warmer. Most laptops are not meant to be OC or being a gaming spec.

0 Likes