cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kingfish
MVP

Re: Can't Access Radeon Settings, GPU doesn't seem to be working

I would do a clean install of the 15.1.1 drivers > AMD Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta Driver Download

Make sure you have disabled the automatic driver installation from Microsoft before you do this.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please refer to the release notes of 16.5.2 under the Known Issues section:

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2.1 Release Notes

• Radeon Settings Additional Settings page may not be available when upgrading to Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2.1 from the current windows update driver. As a work around please clean uninstall all current Radeon Software when upgrading if your system exhibits this issue.
q2love2q
Journeyman III

I have the same problem as you。Have you solved the problem?

0 Kudos
spunkmeyer
Journeyman III

Hi Peters, I had the same issues as yours and manage to resolve it. What I did is as follow:-

- Downloaded the relevant driver from the AMD download site (Download Drivers)

- after download I did some installation (still didnt work), then I've uninstalled it using the same installer.

After restart, I went to "Troubleshooting",  then "Configure a device", then I just ran the troubleshoot.

- Later I found it that my Intel HD graphic driver was missing, then I've installed it (automatic from the troubleshooter) and restarted my PC.

- Next, I went back to the same AMD driver and installed and restarted my PC.

- It was able to detect my AMD graphics and the "Radeon Setting" works fine.

Hope it'll work out for you!

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

The problem with this is...the poster never supplied the required computer info. Your'e assuming he has a Intel processor.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you cannot access Radeon Settings, you may need to perform a clean install of the latest compatible AMD drivers.

To fully enable use of your discrete GPU in a switchable graphics system, refer to the linked document.

0 Kudos
lolenzi
Journeyman III

Yo spunkmeyer after uninstalling and restarting where did you go to the Troubleshooting?Where did you click?

0 Kudos
captainred
Journeyman III

I had the same question just 5 minutes ago.  I unknowingly had a BIOS update or something from Dell (my computer manufacturer) and after I ran it, my problem was solved. Hope this helps: )

0 Kudos