Please refer to the release notes of 16.5.2 under the Known Issues section:
Hi Peters, I had the same issues as yours and manage to resolve it. What I did is as follow:-
- Downloaded the relevant driver from the AMD download site (Download Drivers)
- after download I did some installation (still didnt work), then I've uninstalled it using the same installer.
After restart, I went to "Troubleshooting", then "Configure a device", then I just ran the troubleshoot.
- Later I found it that my Intel HD graphic driver was missing, then I've installed it (automatic from the troubleshooter) and restarted my PC.
- Next, I went back to the same AMD driver and installed and restarted my PC.
- It was able to detect my AMD graphics and the "Radeon Setting" works fine.
Hope it'll work out for you!
If you cannot access Radeon Settings, you may need to perform a clean install of the latest compatible AMD drivers.
To fully enable use of your discrete GPU in a switchable graphics system, refer to the linked document.
I had the same question just 5 minutes ago. I unknowingly had a BIOS update or something from Dell (my computer manufacturer) and after I ran it, my problem was solved. Hope this helps: )