cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

darkbeast
Adept II

Can I install latest AMD chipset drivers for Ryzen 2600?

AMD released chipset driver ver. 1.8.19.0915 on 8/19/2019 which is newer than what I downloaded from my motherboard's site. AMD's page has barely any description other than saying it has Windows® 7/10 support for 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor and B450 chipset. 

Guru3d also hosts this file and it has descriptions on its page AMD Chipset Drivers Download v1.8.19.0915 .

At the bottom where it says Change Info:

Will enable an updated AMD Ryzen Balanced power plan to resolve the issue. In addition, a new AMD Ryzen Master (version 2.0.0.1225+) is updated with new voltage and temperature reporting methodologies that more realistically demonstrate CPU behaviour. Please note users of previous generation AMD Ryzen™ products do not require this update so a chipset driver install is not necessary. This new chipset driver also contains a beta solution for Destiny 2, resolving an issue in which some users were unable to launch the game. Note, to address other software titles that may be affected, a more comprehensive solution will be contained in the upcoming AGESA 1003ABB production BIOSes from AM4 motherboard manufacturers. These will be available in a few weeks upon completion of QA testing.

That part I highlighted says previous gen Ryzens don't need the chipset driver install but under Descriptions it has support for 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor and my B450 chipset. So should I update the chipset drivers and is it safe to do so? The chipset drivers might have updates for other things besides what's mentioned in the change info right?

0 Likes
1 Solution

The basic chipset drivers for AM4 are already in the windows update catalog or on the DVD for version 1803 and onwards.

The standard power plans are quite adequate for 99% of users.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
spajdr
Adept III

I'm using this chipset driver since it was released on my B450 + Ryzen 2600 without any issues.

0 Likes

That chipset drive is a hotfix to correct an issue for Destiny 2 with Ryzen 3000 series processors, which have now been fixed with a BIOS update. There is no reason to use that chipset driver over what you have.

0 Likes

What about the other fixes like  AMD Ryzen™ Power Plans (required for UEFI CPPC2 in Windows® 10 May 2019 Update)?

0 Likes

The basic chipset drivers for AM4 are already in the windows update catalog or on the DVD for version 1803 and onwards.

The standard power plans are quite adequate for 99% of users.

0 Likes

Ok sounds good I won't worry about this update then. Thx both of you.

0 Likes

CPPC2 is a new feature of Ryzen 3000 series.

0 Likes