cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

loam12
Journeyman III

Can I Install drivers from site despite having Radeon Software?

1) I have Radeon Software but I was having problems updating my drivers. My update would go straight to 100% and then the update would not happen at all. I solved this by just going on the website and downloading the drivers from there. Is this in any way problematic if I have Radeon Software?

2) I was planning on using DDU to wipe my old drivers from my PC, I recently started playing GTA and have been getting low fps and fps spikes,especially in the city, I have noticed that MSI Afterburner shows that my GPU usage jumps a lot, not something new, always happens to me. Due to this I would like to completely wipe my old drivers from my PC. Now, instead of using DDU, could i just reinstall the drivers that I already have (without uninstalling current drivers), but this time use the 'Factory Reset' to wipe out my old drivers? (Does Factory Reset wipe old drivers, like DDU software, when updating my drivers?)

0 Likes
3 Replies

1)Radeon Software = Drivers

2)Didn't really get what you meant by "Factory Reset", nor you wanting to reinstall ur current drivers without uninstalling your current drivers, but I'd just recommend uninstalling AMD Radeon Software(Uninstalls the drivers with it) from Control Panel or uninstalling them from Device Manager (Right click on the start button (Windows logo) > Device Manager > Display Adapters, then choose your AMD device(s), right click and select "Uninstall"). Either way also delete C:/AMD (Where drivers are stored)

0 Likes
loam12
Journeyman III

1) I meant despite having Radeon Software, which updates my drivers. Can I still use the online download? Or will it mess something up.

2) Theres a setting when downloading drivers online to 'Factory Reset' and from what I've heard it deletes previous drivers, but is this the same as using DDU to completely clear drivers?

0 Likes

1) It won't mess anything up, you can either use Windows Update or manually install your drivers and it'll just be fine.

2) Yes, if you check that option it will delete the previous driver and older drivers junk, then install the new drivers. Not sure if there are any big differences, but one is a third party application whilst the other one is offical.

0 Likes