cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

larys
Journeyman III

Can a 450 watt handle both my cpu and gpu?

Recently I was planning to upgrade my PC but I was wondering if my power supply could handle AMD A10 7860K and a GTX 1050ti. The model of my power supply is Corsair VS 450. Can a 450 watts power supply handle both processor and graphics card?

0 Likes
9 Replies

Check it out here > PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX

It will but I wouldn't recomend that PSU you better off to buy a better quality & bigger output PSU & suggest go away from the 1050ti & go with a rx560 series card they are as gooder card or better I got a rx560 its great card tho I advise go for a better PSU of better quality somethings that's going to last those PSU you looking into are hit or miss.

0 Likes

I can't agree with the suggestion to use an RX 560. The Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti is bench-marked with much higher performance than the RX 560, you would need an RX570 which should give the same or slightly better performance but at a much higher price and almost certainly require a higher rated PSU.

0 Likes

Sorry but I forgot to mention that the model of my motherboard is Gigabyte F2A68HM-S1. I don't know if it will support Radeon RX 560.

0 Likes

Yes

I to thing that 1050ti would be the better option of the lower tier cards. Better price and frankly less potential headache. We have one and it works great with zero tweaking, since last October, works great. Plus it does use less power, even a 1060 would be fine with the power you have and they are cheaper than the competition at the moment. Good luck though.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

That's not exactly true, with the rx560s I scored mine at xmas time & it was a 3rd lower in price & found on preformance might use a bit xtra juice tho goes as good as any 1050 or tis around. I scored the 4G version of the rx560 & been the best card I found yet had a few teething isues but they are sorted. The rx560 as a lower teir card are as good as any 1050 series card may use a bit more power but some the features AMD are still to implement driver wise will be competent enough to be on par with them. My opinion they are both on par & ex nvidia user here to driver wise nvidias drivers from end of last year till now been horrible they are a 3rd more in price yes the more thermally efficient, tho on design & tech going into them they arnt the best brand around since going AMD, still got to remember AMD chip fab is way ahead of nvidia or intel can offer atm, & when the 7nm comes end of the year will smash & blow away any new nvidia card around. nvidia cards are all hype flashy gimicing with lacklusterness, AMD makes a good option as no gimics not flashy & their card will prety much run any game of native drivers better than game released which nvidia release, another misconception your lining nvidias pockets, where AMD goes back into the next stage of fab to keep the next gen ahead of the competiton why Intel been poaching ex AMD staff.

0 Likes

PassMark Software benchmark the performance of the GTX 1050 Ti  at 5,900 where as the RX 560 is 35 places lower down at 4,478! The RX 570 is rated somewhat higher than the 1050 Ti at 6,778, see here.

Don't get me wrong I'm no lover of Nvidia, I actually owned a GTX 1050 Ti and spent 6 months playing with it without ever getting 3D to play reliably, I sold it and went back to AMD and replaced it with an RX 570 which I'm very happy with. I'm sure RX 560 is a good card but if the OP needs GTX 1050 Ti performance they will be disappointed with the RX 560. The GTX 1050Ti turned out not to be for me but it certainly heavily out performed my old RX 460 which is only a little less powerful that the RX560.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

not exactly tru with the polais bios flash makes the rx560 come on par with the ti's only edging behind them or on par. 6-9 months has past since the last lot of proper in depth testing since these cards were released.  The rx 460s are the same card as the the 560s but  with a flash they prety much exactly the same. The 60 range of the rx cards are realy capible cards under rated & benchmarks arnt exactly true to date. Yeah the rx570s are great cards as well tho for price & preformance I always go with the under dog. Suffice to say might be a 3rd of the price to the competition just for the $ you save your better off to spend that on a decent PSU that's if your going to replace your card your an idiot not to replace it for the sake of it.

0 Likes