cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kacharava
Newcomer

Call to ADRENALIN developers: please allow to bypass HDMI number of audio channels limitation

I've recently faced the problem that my Radeon RX 540 (embedded into Intel NUC NUC8i3CYSN) is unable to output more than 2 channels of audio when connected to a TV via HDMI and Windows's Speaker Setup settings has 5.1 and 7.1 muted.

I can output 7.1 or 5.1 directly to a capable AV receiver from Radeon RX 540, but only 2.0 sound to a TV in spite of the fact the TV passes the sound to 7.1 AV receiver.

That's because audio driver limits the output according to a connected device capabilities. It understands that the device is a 2.0 TV but it doesn't see that the TV itself fully delegates the audio to a 7.1 AV receiver.

It is a PC only problem. Any dvd/bd/media player connected to a TV that I was able to test outputs the correct number of multichannel audio to AV receiver through TV's HDMI ARC passthrough feature.

May I please kindly ask the developers to allow override this stupid limit via Adrenalin settings like it is possible to output a video resolution higher than the monitor possibilities. Of course at user's risk, as always.

Or may be someone knows and is willing to share the Windows registry key I can edit to get rid of this limit.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Likes
0 Replies