cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nschwender
Adept II

Call of duty WW2 stuttering RX5700

Hello, when playing Call of Duty WW2, stuttering occurs frequently (single player and multiplayer).

GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 pulse

Driver ver.: 19.11.3

CPU: i7 4790K (stock)

RAM: 16GB

Is it a bug? how could it be solved?

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

This game uses a lot of video memory when using Extra textures, you will need to use either medium or high to avoid this issue. It is not a driver issue, i see similar behaviour when using a RX 580 unless i lower the texture quality. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Try reloading the shaders.  It will take a while. Do not start the game until the refresh is completed (100%).

0 Likes

Hi kingfish, thanks for the reply, but I don't see that option in the graphics configuration menu of CoD WW2. 

Regards,

0 Likes

The problem disappears if I change the textures resolution to medium.but it is not a solution, with this graphics card I would like to play in ultra configuration.

0 Likes

Ooops....I misread...I was speaking of COD MW.

0 Likes

This game uses a lot of video memory when using Extra textures, you will need to use either medium or high to avoid this issue. It is not a driver issue, i see similar behaviour when using a RX 580 unless i lower the texture quality. 

Which was your previous gpu? had this issue with the previous board?

I have the 4790k too but with a RX580 and I wanted to buy the RX5700xt then How it run others games with this cpu?

0 Likes

Hi andreluizbarbieri, my previous gpu was an RX480 and I didn't have this problem.

Other games run well with this CPU, with BFV in some situations I have a small bottleneck, nothing important.

Regards.

Nice. boteleneck only in low resolution (1080p)? in 1440p or 4K can you run like a "new cpu"?

0 Likes

Only in 1080p yes

"

Fixed Issues

• Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience stutter in some games at 1080p

"

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-1

0 Likes