cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

charlsxiao
Journeyman III

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in mac bootcamp machine

The offical document of the activision suggest Radeon Software version 19.10.2. Yet it can not be install on the bootcamp machine.

The current Drivers of bootcamp is 18.40.20.10 , last release in 5/1/2019,which is not be allowed to play the game.

I have already contact the apple Customer service and they suggest communicate with AMD to get more detall.

My computer is iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) with Radeon Pro 58.

how can i do to solve this problem?   #bootcamp#call of duty modern warfare 2019#imac 5k#appple

ps:i may have same question in a worry section at graphics,should i delete it?

3 Replies
rollenrocker
Adept I

Same issue here on a 2019 iMac 27" 5K Retina with Radeon Pro 570X. I've reached out to both Apple and AMD. Apple told me this issue was out of their hands and to try contacting AMD. After a few emails with AMD, this is what they concluded: 

"As of now, 18.50 drivers are the latest version available for Bootcamp. I request you to wait for future driver releases and check the status." 

So it seems like we'll have to wait until AMD updates the drivers for Bootcamp in order to play newer games like Modern Warfare. Hopefully these Community Threads will get some attention and we'll see some updates soon. 

tahmidul786
Journeyman III

I'm also facing this issue with my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), AMD Radeon R9 M390. The game outright refuses to start up. I can only install up to version 18 of AMD's driver, whereas, COD requires at least version 19.

0 Likes
elzrm
Journeyman III

Hi, Are you still having the same issue? I’ve got an iMac 5K 27” with R9 M380 and the game works since November 2019...

0 Likes