cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thebeard3dviking
Journeyman III

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare DirectX Error When Launched

I'm having issues running the newest beta of COD: Modern Warfare 2019. When I try to open the game it starts and just gives me an error: "DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error" and under it says: "Dev error: 6071". I really tried everything and would love some help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
thebeard3dviking
Journeyman III

Alrigth sorry for not posting because after 16hrs of tinkering with bios flashes, chipset updates, driver updates, windows updates, registry, reinstalling the game, giving appropriate premissions to everything, driver downgrades and trust me the list goes on...I came to a stand still...in my 5 years of schooling to be a computer technician I stupidly forgot that some programs are either blacklisted by games and even cause issues for drives...so the solution was really to reinstall Windows...and it worked...playing for about 2 days with no crashes. Hopefully this helped because I know Activision r3t4rd support didn't. See you in game.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Tad more info would be helpful....https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

0 Likes
killrilaf
Journeyman III

i can fill his informations i guess ihave the same error.
So Windows complete updated every updates are done.
newest drivers for the gpu (tried older ones didnt work either)
installed older directX too
reinstalled the game run it as admin
try to only use 1 monitor
so basicly i did everything i can do and its still not working and when u try to start the game it just backscreens after 5 seconds and u get Dev error: 6071

0 Likes

The graphics card would be helpful.

The OS and version would be helpful.

Desktop or laptop graphics would be helpful.

APU?

Etc.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION 

0 Likes

Having same problem here too,

OS windows 10 Enterprise

GPU rx 580 Desktop

It's possible that newest drivers do not support Directx12 ? Becouse after i update the drivers it says that directx version is 11.2 before update it was 12

0 Likes

DirectX errors are usually driver releated. Should to try different version display driver. Also Battle.net games have DirectX protection. Programs that attempt to hook DirectX such as OBS, AfterBurner and RTSS will cause such problems.

0 Likes

But every other game on blizzard is working fine even bo4

mstfbsrn980 <amd-external@jiveon.com> schrieb am Sa., 21. Sep. 2019, 18:05:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 in Drivers & Software

0 Likes

I've been using RX480 (have Polaris like you) for years, and I've never had a similar problem. The latest driver is fine but some games cause similar errors when I use RTSS (MSI AfterBurner) or Image Sharpening. Search the problem about software releated. Check the game for data loss.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-3-4 
Also installing an old driver like the above will maybe solve the problem. Good luck...

0 Likes
killrilaf
Journeyman III

RTX 2080
Ryzen 7 1700x
Windows 10 Pro version 1903
Desktop PC
all drivers still updated to the newest version

0 Likes
thebeard3dviking
Journeyman III

Alrigth sorry for not posting because after 16hrs of tinkering with bios flashes, chipset updates, driver updates, windows updates, registry, reinstalling the game, giving appropriate premissions to everything, driver downgrades and trust me the list goes on...I came to a stand still...in my 5 years of schooling to be a computer technician I stupidly forgot that some programs are either blacklisted by games and even cause issues for drives...so the solution was really to reinstall Windows...and it worked...playing for about 2 days with no crashes. Hopefully this helped because I know Activision r3t4rd support didn't. See you in game.

llannihilatorll
Journeyman III

Ok please tell me there is another way then to re install windows...This is ridiculous, in the middle of the first map this direct x unrecoverable error. I have a Threadripper 2950x with 32 gigs ram and a Radeon VII... I am having this error so damn much and starting to hate COD. PLz tell me I do not have to reinstall Windows.. 6000.00 dollar AMD build plz help guys.  

0 Likes
immabot
Journeyman III

Okay every time I start Modern Warfare i can get as far as clicking multiplayer then i get a directx error code 6066. my drivers are up to date ive been trying to find the problem for a week and a half im getting angry and i have no idea if my pc just isnt good enough or what. 

Amd ryzen 3 3200

0 Likes