cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

painmaker
Adept II

Call of Duty Modern Warfare crashes. Specs Core i5 760, 8GB RAM, R9 380 4GB

I have tried everything, all graphics settings, any solutions? please see the video for more information, THANK you !

12 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

Is that YING background? What AMD version are you using?

0 Likes

Yes it is YING. I am using the latest drivers, however the problem existed with the previous versions. I have this issue for a long time now but not fixes from AMD. thousands of people have this problem. Call of Duty Modern Warfare AMD Crash issue - YouTube  as you can see there are many videos and comments on youtube.

Call of Duty®: Warzone

rx580 dev error 6068 ... crash with latest amd

AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 2020 20.2.2 WHQL

At least you have dev error, i have no errors just crashes. I have bought the game and i can not play it.  I am happy that they made Warzone free, so at least more people will download the game and have problems, so AMD will look at the issue.

0 Likes
wiggerlich
Journeyman III

hi Guys

A friend of mine also had the problems. I am not quite sure whether it was the current update or that his SSD was full and the virtual working memory are 3856MB small, luckly he have an HDD and I moved some data there. I have set the virtual memory to 16384 MB as this is the same as the physical RAM. I also updated the chipset driver in the device manager of Windows under System devices by right-clicking and Update driver. If you still have the problem you can give it a try and send your results. How you can find the virtual working memory settings can be seen here https://www.geeksinphoenix.com/blog/post/2016/05/10/how-to-manage-windows-10-virtual-memory.aspx

Computer specification:
i7-3770k
GTX 1060 6GB
and this are the rest:
https://www.harlander.com/acer-predator-g5920-aspire-gamer-i7-3770k-3-5ghz.html

With kind regards
Tim Wigger

0 Likes
vareta
Adept I

Same problem here i5 16Gb ram RX590 with driver 20.4.1

0 Likes

Switch the codmw graphic settings from automatic to manuell (in the amd software) for my rx 590.

Directupload.net - ypgvr2ua.png 

Directupload.net - k7m27ck2.png 

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

These type of errors are generally CPU-related. In other words, it may be correct to search for the hardware problem with the motherboard or RAM. Gamers that do not have the optimum number of CPU cores of the game may have similar problems because of the game optimization.

0 Likes

For the OP with the old i5-760, might want to get a more modern setup....

I am using an R5 3600 and this CPU has enough performance for games galore,  I do spend more on motherboards wne the MSI X570-A PRO is strong. I have 32GB of DDR4-3200 so games have all they need.

In short it's time to throw some franklins at the problem.

0 Likes
hardreset
Elite

I think it's more a problem with the game than with AMD drivers. See on this topic, most people have a similar problem with nvidia cards.

Activision Aces 

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.

The problem seems to be already not nVidia or AMD. The vast majority of returns to the desktop are game or processor based. Hardware manufacturers who build drivers for GPU hardware must do a good job. Otherwise, their head may be hurt. NVidia or AMD cannot take this risk. 

0 Likes

mstfbsrn980 wrote:

The problem seems to be already not nVidia or AMD. The vast majority of returns to the desktop are game or processor based. Hardware manufacturers who build drivers for GPU hardware must do a good job. Otherwise, their head may be hurt. NVidia or AMD cannot take this risk. 

Scapegoating is the way people think, Few take the time and resources to find out what is the real problem is.

I own several SSD drives so I can test real quick.

0 Likes