cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

way1225
Journeyman III

[C-15.7 | Win 10] Bad Performance and Crashing

I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and the day after to Catalyst 15.7 drivers. I have noticed that when I attempt to play games (in this case GTAV, Path of Exile, and Dolphin Emulator) I have to lower the settings and I still get a lot of stuttering and occasional driver crashing with a quick recovery (but I still have to restart the game).

I have a R9 280 card.

0 Likes
10 Replies
vepar90
Journeyman III

Re: [C-15.7 | Win 10] Bad Performance and Crashing

Path of Exile Crashing for me 3-5 times a day since i updated to 15.7 ....

My Windoes is 7 btw and Card is R7

Downgraded back to 14.12 and no more crashes

0 Likes
callmedutch
Journeyman III

R9 290 here. A few days ago I started getting random crashes while to me it seems I changed or nothing changed at all. Yesterday I installed the new drivers and now my computer has trouble even starting up..I managed to start it up and remove all drivers for now, but this is ofcourse not a real solution. I got the Thread_stuck_in_driver thing after 15.7

I'm running an i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50 GHz

8 GB RAM.  64-bit

Windows 8.1

0 Likes
vabchgent
Adept II

Don't know if this is related but If I turn on put monitor to sleep after x amount of time my computer crashes and recovers at the time the monitor goes to sleep. So I just did away with putting the monitor to sleep for now. Also with the 3D checked in screen resolution my screen will go weird from time to time. So I shut the 3D off and the power options I have no problems. Hope AMD gets the problems fixed before the Windows 10 release date. At this point you may want to try turning off the power options and the 3D tick mark in screen resolution if ticked.

0 Likes
joaquinsjb
Journeyman III

i have the same problem too, this driver is performing too bad. i have some slow downs while playing, GTA V with Crashes and NBA 2K15 with slow perfomance and closing without error, R9 270X

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

There is an expected driver update around the time of the Windows 10 release. All updates are in reality "fixes". All the beta drivers tell you the same thing.."fixes are a result of received issue reports." Don't think that telling each other does any good..it doesn't. Report to Microsoft the problem you are having as you were asked to do when you installed the Preview > How to Send Feedback to Microsoft in the Windows 10 Technical Preview  and report to AMD the issue you are having with a particular game > AMD Issue Reporting Form . That is the only way these things get fixed.

Note that you are doing your part to help...and don't expect Microsoft or AMD to engage in a two way dialog with you. The more reports they receive, the better the chance to see a fix in the next release.

0 Likes
joaquinsjb
Journeyman III

I contacted microsot via live chat  and they told me that the problem is of AMD, let me see the reporting forum but i gurss that AMD Read this blog too

0 Likes
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Until Windows 10 is officially released, all support comes directly from Microsoft.

0 Likes
vabchgent
Adept II

Ray

I can appreciate what you saying here. If you are a representative of AMD - You might want to let the engineers know there  is a problem. Hopefully between letting you guys know and Microsoft. You guys can get together and figure out a fix for the odds and ends. Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since we are so close to the official launch of Windows 10 by Microsoft, there are lots of fixes and improvements in the driver for Windows 10 that will be available when Windows 10 launches.

Quite possibly, your issue has already been addressed in that driver version.

At this point in time, all engineering resources are dedicated to that driver version and this is not the time to feed them details of issues that could potentially already have been fixed.

0 Likes