cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

WSV
Adept I

Bypassing Error 184 - AMD Software Installer cannot continue due to an unsupported Operating System.

Hello AMD Community,

I would like to know how one would disable the OSCheck for the AMD-Software-PRO-Edition-22.Q3-Win10-Win11 installer. Or at the very least understand how to add, remove, modify the necessary IDs / Checks to InstallManifest.json and / or U0383491.inf in order to bypass the Error 184 - AMD Software Installer cannot continue due to an unsupported Operating System.

I know it is possible, and I have done it before. I have simply forgotten the method. I have previously tested the software on "unsupported" Windows versions / builds without issues. Hopefully one of you have done this more than once and can remember the processes to do this.

Current Windows Build:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
Version: 10.0.20348 Build 20348

In the meantime I will continue working on it on my end, and maybe I will stumble on the solution once again.

Thank you,
WSV

PS: Made you guys a video on a how-to. Also updated the file paths in this post.
AMD - Error 182 & 184 - AMD Software Installer cannot continue . . . (FIXED) - YouTube

0 Likes
1 Solution
WSV
Adept I

Hello AMD Community,

I am posting my own reply in hopes this may be of some use to you folks out there. I ended up going the long round-about way of getting the software to install.

1. Setup a Windows 10 Enterprise installation.
2. Install AMD-Software-PRO-Edition-22.Q3-Win10-Win11
2. Use Explorer.exe to copy the files from "C:\Programs\AMD", "C:\Programs (x86)\AMD", and "C:\Windows\System32\AMD" on the Windows 10 Enterprise (I would assume any similar build should work).
3. Paste the files in the same file paths on the Windows Server 2022 Datacenter installation.
4. Run application from "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSoftware.exe".
5. In the 'System' tab, select 'Check for Updates' and install. (Optional)

Note: The registry files will NOT be updated this way. So you will have a 'half-installation'. 
Recomendation: Use a driver build one version older, then run the update from the the AMD Control Center, this will create the rest of the necessary files, bypassing the Error 184 - AMD Software Installer cannot continue due to an unsupported Operating System.

This is only one of many work-arounds. I just got tired of reading lines of code to try and find a more straight-forward installation method. Any chance AMD will give us an 'Install Anyways' button to save us the hassle?

There is another community post called bypassing the Error 182 - AMD Software Installer detected AMD graphics hardware in your system configuration that is not supported. Which I would argue is a better solution for Windows Server users with non-Enterprise hardware.

Regards,
WSV

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If no answer from this forum try at AMD Forum Server Guru which deals with Server Hardware and Software: https://community.amd.com/t5/server-gurus/ct-p/amd-server-gurus

WSV
Adept I

Hello AMD Community,

I am posting my own reply in hopes this may be of some use to you folks out there. I ended up going the long round-about way of getting the software to install.

1. Setup a Windows 10 Enterprise installation.
2. Install AMD-Software-PRO-Edition-22.Q3-Win10-Win11
2. Use Explorer.exe to copy the files from "C:\Programs\AMD", "C:\Programs (x86)\AMD", and "C:\Windows\System32\AMD" on the Windows 10 Enterprise (I would assume any similar build should work).
3. Paste the files in the same file paths on the Windows Server 2022 Datacenter installation.
4. Run application from "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSoftware.exe".
5. In the 'System' tab, select 'Check for Updates' and install. (Optional)

Note: The registry files will NOT be updated this way. So you will have a 'half-installation'. 
Recomendation: Use a driver build one version older, then run the update from the the AMD Control Center, this will create the rest of the necessary files, bypassing the Error 184 - AMD Software Installer cannot continue due to an unsupported Operating System.

This is only one of many work-arounds. I just got tired of reading lines of code to try and find a more straight-forward installation method. Any chance AMD will give us an 'Install Anyways' button to save us the hassle?

There is another community post called bypassing the Error 182 - AMD Software Installer detected AMD graphics hardware in your system configuration that is not supported. Which I would argue is a better solution for Windows Server users with non-Enterprise hardware.

Regards,
WSV