Hello again AMD Community,
This is a follow up post from the "Bypassing Error 184 - AMD Software Installer cannot continue due to an unsupported Operating System." with a different approach of getting drivers to work in unorthodox configurations. If you are for example running Windows Server 2022 Datacenter and a RX Vega 64 you are barred from installing AMD software packages (arbitrarily). I will explain a method in which you can install the software package AMD-Software-PRO-Edition-22.Q3-WinSvr2022 in such instances. The RX Vega 64 is functionally identical to the Pro WX 9100.
1. Download AMD-Software-PRO-Edition-22.Q3-WinSvr2022 & AMD-Software-PRO-Edition-22.Q3-Win10-Win11 from AMD.com.
2. Extract contents to wherever you wish.
3. Open files "AMD-Software-PRO-Edition-22.Q3-Win10-Win11\Config\InstallManifest.json" & "AMD-Software-PRO-Edition-22.Q3-WinSvr2022\Bin64\cccmanifest_64.json".
4. Copy all Hardware IDs from "AMD-Software-PRO-Edition-22.Q3-Win10-Win11\Config\InstallManifest.json" under "HWCheck". (note there is two entries for HWCheck, you must do both)
5. Paste all the Hardware IDs to "AMD-Software-PRO-Edition-22.Q3-WinSvr2022\Bin64\cccmanifest_64.json".
And you are done.
You can also do this for for OSCheck as well. Just copy the OSCheck info and paste it into the other file. If you really wanted to you could also modify the manifest file to point to the driver package for either driver installer. Install whatever software package, on whatever OS version.
PS: Made you guys a video on a how-to. Also updated the file paths in this post.
AMD - Error 182 & 184 - AMD Software Installer cannot continue . . . (FIXED) - YouTube
Solved! Go to Solution.