cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kdv
Journeyman III

Bug: The driver configuration tool must only depend on WinAPI

The Radeon Software 20.4.2 executable on my Win7x64 SP1 displays only window title bar with icon and 3 buttons(min, max, close). It does not handle mouse events at all.

At the same time, all the software i use have no problems with their windows and controls at all. So, the driver configuration tool must be as lightweight as possible and have no dependencies at all(nether m$ .NOT, media players, internet explorers, abdolbe AIRs, etc.) to be able to run on EVERY Windows where WinAPI is available.

The bloatware depending on external stuff like dot-NOTs and interacting with youtibes, youkukus, facepooks and so on must be a) separate from hardware-related subsystem and b) absolutely optional to install.

0 Likes
1 Reply
trek
Elite

You use legacy system therefore you do not know that .NET framework is part of Windows since Windows 8. Also programming directly against Windows API erodes productivity.

.NET framework improves productivity, increases safety and reliability of applications.

What I do not understand that in case of AMD application created in .NET decreases stability not only of given application, but whole OS for some people. There are always exceptions to the rule.

0 Likes