cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

johnhardyiv
Adept III

[Bug] Graphic corruption w/ AA, and AF setting not recognized in Links 2003 w/ R5600XT & latest driver.

Thank you devs and amdmatt, driver 20.5.1 cured 90% of the graphic corruption issues with Links 2003 and the NAVI cards as followed in this now closed thread: [Bug] Graphic corruption Links 2003 w/ R5600XT & 20.2.2 Driver 

I no longer had my 5600XT card to confirm myself, having returned it; so I bought a new one based on you and mickyfish saying it was fixed and just tried it today (XFX Thic III Pro)

Unfortunately with Anti-alias on (see settings pic) I get a white 'spike' shooting out from the golfers leg (with its own shadow?!).

Additionally, anisotropic filtering is not taking, the game does not recognize the setting is set where it does on other non-NAVI cards.  This is vitally important in Links2k3 and readily apparent in the high quality texture courses, see pic below circled for the foreground 'smudge' and really detracts.  This is the most important failing to fix.

Use Mike Jones' Pilgrim Trails for testing reference:

Course ID - 1890 

If it's any hint, the morphological anti-aliasing setting does nothing either. 

We're very close to getting this back to functioning like the non-NAVI cards.  These settings work with an RX590 and a R390 and latest driver.  Please help!

Note: Lack of AA consistency and AF look like they're happening in other older titles too based on this thread:

Anisotropic filtering under Adrenalin 2020 

Thanks -

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_6.png

Here is a picture of Links2K3 on the same hole and course working properly with 20.5.1 on older cards, the R390 and the RX590.  Note the difference in the greater detail of the grass in front of the tee box provided by working anisotropic filtering vs. the circled area above.

pastedImage_1.png

2 Solutions
johnhardyiv
Adept III

Pleased to report that Anisotropic filtering not working in Links 2K3 has finally been addressed in 21.1.1. :)

Working in 2021.1.1 and 5600XT@amdmatt 

In fullscreen mode, white spike from golfer's foot.

In windowed mode, white spike from golfer's foot, no anti-aliasing.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

I am pleased to report that somewhere in the recent past the remaining issue of the white spike from the golfer's foot is now *gone* in full screen and windowed mode.  This bug is fully resolved with 23.8.1 driver.  Thank you! No more golfer foot spike in 23.8.1No more golfer foot spike in 23.8.1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies
johnhardyiv
Adept III

Unfortunately this is still happening with 20.7.1.  Will create an updated ticket with the new bug reporting tool.

0 Likes
johnhardyiv
Adept III

The problems continue in 20.7.2. Report had been filed with the new tool. amdmatt

Unless you are running the game in OGL...AA and other settings have no effect. They will affect DX games only.

0 Likes

AMD's Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering definitely are employed on this game using their respective overrides created via game profile in Adrenaline, and have for years.  It is only on the current NAVI gen cards that this behaviour is now falling down.  See the pics above with the same settings on the RX590 where it is all working properly.

0 Likes
johnhardyiv
Adept III

Problem continues in 20.8.1 driver. amdmatt

0 Likes
johnhardyiv
Adept III

Problem continues in 20.8.2 driver. amdmatt

x6205
Adept II

Yes i can confirm this  Even on highest settings is AF not present and textures looks blurry even on short distance. Very dissapointing..

johnhardyiv
Adept III

Problem continues in 20.8.3 driver. amdmatt

johnhardyiv
Adept III

Who marked this 'Assumed answered'.  This issue persists and has not been addressed.  Please un-flag it as 'answered'.

0 Likes
johnhardyiv
Adept III

Problem continues in 20.9.1 driver, AF ignored and AA partially working. amdmatt

0 Likes
johnhardyiv
Adept III

Problem continues in 20.9.2 driver, Anisotropic Filtering override ignored and AA still shows white polygon spike on golfer leg. amdmatt

0 Likes
johnhardyiv
Adept III

3.pngWelp, problem continues on 20.10.1.  Anisotropic filtering override is ignored (see wide red circles in pic), and even now it doesn't look like Anti-aliasing is taking effect in windowed mode.  We've also got this white polygon spike still sticking out of the golfer's ankle.  See pic. amdmatt

Bear in mind again that this is happening on NAVI cards, it's fine on my RX590, but not my 5600XT.  Of course I"d rather use the faster card; come on AMD.

0 Likes
x6205
Adept II

IMO it's save to asume that AMD does not care what we want or that working force AF is a basic feature.

0 Likes
johnhardyiv
Adept III

Not working in 20.11.1 either.  Guess we'll have to buy a new gen AMD card to see if it skips a gen and works again!  Laugh.

I get that these are old games, but I don't see how they can't bring the working same driver functionality from the 590 hardware to NAVI.

0 Likes
johnhardyiv
Adept III

Not working in 2020.11.2 and 5600XT@Matt_AMD 

In fullscreen mode, white spike from golfer's foot & no anisotropic filtering.

In windowed mode, white spike from golfer's foot, no anisotropic filtering, and no anti-aliasing.

All working fine with RX590 and 2020.11.2, please fix the lack of support for the NAVI 5600 series.

0 Likes

Not working in 2020.11.3 and 5600XT@amdmatt 

In fullscreen mode, white spike from golfer's foot & no anisotropic filtering.

In windowed mode, white spike from golfer's foot, no anisotropic filtering, and no anti-aliasing.

All working fine with RX590 and 2020.11.2, please fix the lack of support for the NAVI 5600 series.

Of interest, it's been called out as a known issue in 2020.11.3 release notes, maybe it'll get worked on for the next round.

• Anisotropic Filtering in Radeon™ Software graphics settings is not taking effect in DirectX®9 applications on RDNA graphics products.
0 Likes
johnhardyiv
Adept III

Pleased to report that Anisotropic filtering not working in Links 2K3 has finally been addressed in 21.1.1. :)

Working in 2021.1.1 and 5600XT@amdmatt 

In fullscreen mode, white spike from golfer's foot.

In windowed mode, white spike from golfer's foot, no anti-aliasing.

0 Likes

I am pleased to report that somewhere in the recent past the remaining issue of the white spike from the golfer's foot is now *gone* in full screen and windowed mode.  This bug is fully resolved with 23.8.1 driver.  Thank you! No more golfer foot spike in 23.8.1No more golfer foot spike in 23.8.1

0 Likes