cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

BSOD when opening Radeon software with 2.6.1 driver

HI:

I'm getting a BSOD everytime I open the Radeon software with driver 2.6.1 or above the error is with amd ryzen master driver.sys.

Any clues why is this happening my GPU is Sapphire Radeon 480 nitro + 

Best Regards 

5 Replies

You could try uninstall ryzen master to see if issue goes away.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thanks but it didn't help.

The only solution I found is to disable virtualization by bios something that's a thumbs down. Is there any way to fix this cause for what I have seen is a common issue with driver 2.6.1 and above.

Best Regards 

0 Likes

I had the same issue. Disabling "Virtualization-based security" did the trick. Just to be sure, I also disabled "secure boot" seems somehow related, not sure though. Virtualization was still active in bios. 

0 Likes

No need, only disable virtualization I have secure boot enabled and is working fine. But is shame AMD still hasn't fix this issue.

Best Regards  

0 Likes

AMD today released the latest version of Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition. ... products may experience a blue screen on driver installation. ... drops when Performance Metrics Overlay is open while a game is running mycfavisit

0 Likes