cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rokoivanis02
Journeyman III

BSOD: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER after using specific apps

Hello there. About a week ago I bought a brand new prebuilt PC with these specs:

Ryzen 5 3400G
Vega 11 iGPU
1x8GB 3200Mhz Patriot Viper Steel RAM
A320M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard
1TB WD Blue HDD & 120GB Kingston SSD (Windows is on SSD)
Zalman 500W PSU [ZAL-ZM500-LX-II]

I installed all the drivers via Windows Update and Radeon Software and made sure that the BIOS is up to date.

I started getting BSOD so I contacted the manufacturer's company and sent the PC for repairs but they said there's nothing wrong with it.

When they returned it I found out that the BlueStacks Emulator, more precisely apps like Clash of Clans and Whatsapp were causing the crashes with the message THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER.

After that I uninstalled BlueStacks and my PC worked fine for 2.5 days, playing games such as Doom, Battlefield 1, GTA V and Borderlands 2 without any issues. 

It crashed again when I installed and used Mozilla Firefox for about 30 minutes with the same BSOD message.

What could be causing this issue?

PS: I contacted the manufacturer's company again and they'll be sending me a new PC with the exact same specs. 

1 Reply
vithor14
Journeyman III

i have literally the same issues, my setup:

Motherboard
‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏Manufacturer Colorful Technology And Development Co.LTD
‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏Model AB350M-K PRO (AM4)

CPU
‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics

Graphics
‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏BenQ G610HDA (1366x768@60Hz)
‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏2048MB ATI AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics (ATI)

RAM
‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏16,0GB Dual-Channel Mllse @ 2666MHz (20-19-19-43)

Storage
‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏931GB Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB (SATA )
‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏223GB KINGSTON SA400S37240G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Operating System
‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

since when i first installed my windows i have the same issues with bluescreen and THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER, in doom, satisfactory, starbound and some other games it almost never happens, but crossout, and elite dangerous make this bluescreen happen very quickly, i tried the last drivers but still no hope

0 Likes