Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

walteraa
Journeyman III

BSOD on RX 5700 XT

Hi there,

Recently I bough my XFX RX 5700 XT RAW II and sometimes I am experiencing BSOD with Bug check code 0x0000010e caused by driver watchdog.sys at address +40e0

This issue happens mostly when I am playing Call Of Duty moder warfare.

Driver version: 20.5.1

My sepecs are:
Mobo MSI Z390-A pro
Core i7 9700KF Coffee Lake
Water cooler Deep cool 120mm
RAM XPG Spectrix 3200Mhz 32GB (2x16GB) (XMP enabled)
SSD M.2 XPG 512GB 3500 Mb/s read speed / 3000Mb/s write speed (OS and softwares are instelled here)
SSD SATA 3 WD green 480GB as secondary disk for data 545Mb/s read speed / 500 Mb/s write speed
Font corsair 750W PFC (I've tried installed the power suply for Video card in the same 8x/6x input and in different ones, same issue)
OS Windows 10 Home Version 1809

I am looking for a definitive solution for this issue, I tried some things like different 6x and 8x pins from different inputs, configuring the settings for the game, using the standard profile instead of e-sports and gaming, but no success.

One thing I noticed is that: Even the Call of duty graphics settings is saying that configuration I am using(I am using medium configuration) gonna use 2300MB of VRAM, the Radeon software shows I am using 74% of VRAM after some hours of gaming.

Can someone help me? I am really regretful to bough this card due to this issue, if someone can give me a solution or even an effective workaround for that I would be really greatful.

P.S.: I've attached a screenshot of the BlueScreenView(software to see BSOD history and informations)

Thanks,

Walter

0 Likes
8 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Radeon statistics show incorrect values. Also, if there was a problem with video memory, the graphics would be broken in games. Go to your motherboard's BIOS and return to factory settings. Use the system with these settings for a while and make sure that the problem is not the motherboard or RAM. Windows 10 sees some of the system RAM as video RAM...

0 Likes

Hi mstfbsrn980,

So, should I don't use the XMP?? In that case I bough a 3200Mhz and I can't use it?

It doesn't make any sense, but I gonna try...

0 Likes

No need to disable XMP. Just reset the BIOS.

0 Likes

Plus, sometimes the COD warzone have strange graphics(broken), but I had it on my laptopp using GTX 1060

0 Likes

Maybe it can give an idea if you take the screenshot and share it.

0 Likes
fyrel
Miniboss

Watchdog.sys error is caused by video driver timeouts.

Things you can try

1.Check your GPU temperatures.

2. Use the switch on the card and try the 2nd GPU bios.

2.Open device manager, find your graphics card, delete it tick the delete software option in the dialog box that opens. Restart windows.

3.Type CMD into search and right click and run as admin. type sfc /scannow

4. Make sure you have the latest bios and chipset driver.

5. If you haven't already update the video card bios from XFX support

0 Likes

I've did that(except the last one because as the AMD support, the XFX is trash). I gonna wait the prices get down and buy a RTX, AMD NEVER AGAIN!!!

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The error message you got is not related to the GPU driver. I encountered such errors and the reasons for the errors were that...

+ CPU OC is not stable.
+ RAM OC is not stable.
+ Radeon Software is not stable.

Go to the motherboard BIOS and reset the system to the factory settings and use the system with these settings for a while. After the computer starts, go to Windows Task Manager and terminate all AMD Radeon softwares. Also, reinsert the GPU into the PCI slot and tighten the chassis screws at an angle of 90 degrees. If the system gives an error despite all these attempts, the mobo or the RAM or the GPU is faulty.

0 Likes