cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bosparan
Journeyman III

[BSOD]multiple IRP requests (amd stor filter driver)

Hello,

since upgrading my Windows 10 client to Redstone 1 (anniversary update), I've started to see almost daily bluescreens of death:

Multiple IRP Requests.

The culprit happens to be the amd stor filter driver, (amd_xata.sys+2ba9) I don't have the symbols, so that's as far as windbg will take me. I've made sure to install the latest version from the support site, but still it happens.

I'm using a MSI 970A-G46 (MS-7693) mainboard, I ensured repeatedly that all my drivers are as up-to-date as the vendor pages will offer.

Still it crashes and burns.

Anybody have an idea what else I might be able to do?

If there's a place I can submit the crash-dumps, both minidumps and regular dumps (~838MB) are available, I can do a full system dump if necessary, but that shouldn't really be necessary on what is probably a driver issue.

Cheers,

Bosparan

PS: The issue can happen at any time imaginable. In the dead of night with only music playing, while playing a game, while programming, while doing heavy dataconversions / processing on a full system load. At any time.

0 Likes
3 Replies
goodplay
MVP

Re: [BSOD]multiple IRP requests (amd stor filter driver)

Is this 0x44 error ?.

Some more INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

You may also want to try tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
bosparan
Journeyman III

Hello Goodplay,

thanks for the reply. Yes indeed, it is Bug Check Code 0x44 (And I had an error in the full error name too, sorry: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS.

Other system stats (My brain must have been a bit lagging to not offer the basic stats beyond Mainboard, sorry):

Desktop Client (Big Tower)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

Ram: 8GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770

Power Supply: beQuiet (Unknown model, sized to vastly overmatch demand)

Display 1: 24" 1080p 60Htz

Display 2: 27" 1080p 120Htz

Soundcard: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

I'd love to do the clean install routine, however the install manager appears to not support chipset drivers.

Cheersd,

Bosparan

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

Ahh, not amd graphics related, amdmatt​ may help if processor related.

I'll remove the link.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Likes