cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

geckopirate
Journeyman III

BSOD (IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL) in CS:GO

Hi. One week ago I bought a new graphics card (RX 550 2GB) and these days I tried playing CS:GO and suddenly in matches or even in lobbies I was getting the BSOD with this stop code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. This happened at least 10 times in 2 days because I was trying to solve it but no results were made. I tried the Driver Verifier and Windows Memory Diagnostic too but without success. I want to say that I've tried 3 different versions of the AMD Adrenalin 2020 driver but still no results. This thing happened 2 times before installing the new graphics card but without getting BSOD (the game was only crashing without any log file) and now is happening much more frequently and with BSOD too, so I don't think it's the RX 550's fault.

RIG:

Ryzen 3 2200G;  RX 550 2GB Overclocked;  12GB RAM 2666MHz Overclocked;  1TB Seagate BarraCuda

PS: I tried the game with and without OC-ing the RX 550 but the results were the same.

EDIT: I found the solution. First, I reinstalled Steam and all Steam apps (including CS:GO), reset the BIOS to its default and then applied the RAM overclock again and now it is working fine, even better than expected.

0 Likes
7 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

Did you already try 20.5.1?

0 Likes

Yes I tried it last night but still no results.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The system displays the error message due to OC to the processor or the RAMs. No problem with the graphics card or something as. Go to the BIOS and return to the factory settings. Set the RAM with the XMP profiles and solve the problem. If the problem still persists, RAM or motherboard may have been damaged by OC.

0 Likes

Edit: 12GB RAM systems may fail. You will need to remove 4GB RAM or add the same 8GB RAM... 8GB RAM part number must be the same! RAMs that do not have different sizes or part numbers are a potential problem.

0 Likes

I don't think so because I am playing games with 12GB RAM for already 2 months but this problem appeared about 2 weeks ago + the 2 RAMs are pretty much the same, same speed (2666), same timings (CL19) and same brand but different memory spaces (GB).

0 Likes

Reset the BIOS with single 8GB RAM and try again. The problem will probably be solved. If not solved, there is a hardware problem with RAM or motherboard.

0 Likes

So I found the solution. First, I reinstalled Steam and all Steam apps (including CS:GO), reset the BIOS to its default and then applied the RAM overclock again and now it is working fine, even better than expected.

0 Likes