Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

steakhousebobby
Journeyman III

BSOD: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

Hello!

I was trying to install the drivers from the link below. I downloaded the 'Windows 11 - 64 bit edition' StoreMi as I thought this would help update my drivers. However halfway throughout the process my computer crashed, and now whenever I boot I get the BSOD with the error 'INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE'. 

I've been trying to find a fix but nothing else has worked so far. I've tried Automatic Repair mode. When I go into repair mode I can see all my files still there, but I can just never seem to boot into Windows 11. I can access BIOS (Where I double checked to see if AHCI mode was on, it was, as could have been an issue).

Does anyone have any ideas? If I had to buy new parts would I have to buy a new CPU, motherboard, GPU, etc?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-5-2...

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: RTX 2060

Motherboard: B450m

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16gb

SSD: Samsung NVMe 512gb

HDD: Two 2TB HDDs

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks! I've gotten up to the step where I can see the list of drivers. I see a few drivers with AMD, do you know which ones I should remove exactly?

Provider Name: Advanced Micro Devices 

Published Name: oem47.inf, Original File Name: amdtools.inf

Published Name: oem56.inf, Original File Name: rcbottom.inf

Published Name: oem58.inf, Original File Name: rcraid.inf

Published Name: oem59.inf, Original File Name: rccfg.inf

If I use the command below I can see the drivers that have the word StoreMi. Should I just remove all drivers that have this description? 

dism /image:e:\ /get-driverinfo /driver:oem1.inf

I do see drivers with Nvidia provider but I have a feeling its just an AMD problem because thats what I was installing

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

I know it's win 10, but maybe it will work for win 11 too..

How to uninstall driver from recovery environment on Windows 10 - Pureinfotech

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Thanks! I've gotten up to the step where I can see the list of drivers. I see a few drivers with AMD, do you know which ones I should remove exactly?

Provider Name: Advanced Micro Devices 

Published Name: oem47.inf, Original File Name: amdtools.inf

Published Name: oem56.inf, Original File Name: rcbottom.inf

Published Name: oem58.inf, Original File Name: rcraid.inf

Published Name: oem59.inf, Original File Name: rccfg.inf

If I use the command below I can see the drivers that have the word StoreMi. Should I just remove all drivers that have this description? 

dism /image:e:\ /get-driverinfo /driver:oem1.inf

I do see drivers with Nvidia provider but I have a feeling its just an AMD problem because thats what I was installing

I would think so..

I can't say for definite..

As long as you follow those instructions properly and change the drive and file name..

12: In the command, change the drive to c: for the drive of your Windows 10 installation, and change the oem1.inf for the name of the driver to remove.

13: Type the following command to remove the problematic driver and press Enter:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
Mashmanlh345
Journeyman III

Just had this issue,

Which step did u follow to fix ?

0 Likes

Hi All,

I build my new AMD PC yesterday and had the exact same problem after installing the AMD Raid drivers for the Asus TUF Gaming B550M Plus Wifi II motherboard. My system wouldn’t boot anymore and gave the BSOD saying INACCESABLE_BOOT_DEVICE. The culprit is indeed the AMD Raid drivers which contain the files: rcbottom.inf, rccfg.inf and rcraid.inf. The amdtools.inf was not installed on my system so i cant speak for that one. 

The solution however i did found so i would like to share it with all of you.

1) Take your Windows 10 USB Stick, boot from it (boot priority in bios or boot menu), Choose languages and stuff, click next, then in the left corner of the window click on Repair Computer. Maybe you can also do this by just booting and pressing F8 (Advanced Startup options) but im not sure. 

2) In the next menu navigate until you can open a CMD Window (I believe its under Troubleshooting > More options but im not sure),

3) In the cmd window type your drive letter C, D, E where windows is installed -> C:

4) You will see the directory change 

5) Type dir and check if the folders match to make sure you’re in the right drive.

6) Use this command to list all your drivers: DISM /image:C:\ /Get-Drivers (C should be your drive that has windows installed)

6b) Check which oem.inf drivers match with the amd files: rcbottom.inf, rccfg.inf, rcraid.inf and amdtools.inf -> If you dont have all of them this is normal, just check the ones you do have, we’re gonna delete them all later since they cause the BSOD. (Blue Screen of Death)

7) Use this command to Delete each of the oemxx.inf drivers that you have on your system and that match the AMD .inf files: DISM /Image:C:\ /Remove-Driver /Driver:oemxx.inf (C should be your drive letter that contains windows, xx should be the number of the .inf that corresponds with the amd.inf files)

After you’ve deleted all the amd driver .inf files using the oem.inf identifiers. Reboot your system and it should boot again without a BSOD.

I added some pictures for extra clarity, I hope this helps someone out! 

https://ibb.co/C9MYbxS
https://ibb.co/Hzjhstb