Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Reivax09
Journeyman III

BsoD every time I try to update my driver or do smth in touch with my gpu Help

Hello :

Computer Type: Laptop, acer switf 3

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2100 MHz, 4 cores, 8 threads

BIOS Version: Insyde Corp. V1.10, 17/03/2021

RAM: 8GB, native

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 Family 10.0.19044 Build 19044

GPU Drivers: 27.20.1026.1 30/06/2020 AMD Radeon

Chipset Drivers: AMD 2020/11/09 5.12.0.38

Description of Original Problem: As the title says, I can't update my gpu driver nor open the panel control. What can i try to solve this problem

Troubleshooting: -uninstall and reinstall

-update manually

-update with a dedicated software

-reinstall Windows 10 but again, bsod

-unistall, reinstall amd software

-dowload the last driver from acer website

Help me please, I need the latest driver to run my blender project for college. Thx

0 Likes
5 Replies

Here is the latest Ryzen APU driver for your 3500U processor: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processors-radeon-vega-gr...

In case the latest doesn't work that well here are the previous AMD Graphic driver for your APU processor: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processo...

But it is best to use Acer OEM AMD Graphics Driver first to make sure everything works normally before updating to AMD generic basic Mobile Laptop driver.

If Acer OEM AMD Graphics driver is fairly new, less than a year old, I would use that instead unless a game or app requires a newer Graphics driver that Acer doesn't have.

When you remove the current AMD Driver use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet disconnected and deleting the AMD driver installation folder at C:\AMD BEFORE installing the AMD driver again.

0 Likes

OK thx, how do I use Acer OEM AMD Graphics Driver first to make sure everything works normally before updating to AMD generic basic Mobile Laptop driver ? English is not my first language and I don't understand waht you mean.

Edit : I can't open the APU without having a bsod...

Thx by advance

0 Likes

0 Likes

I Did everyhing you told me to do.
The problem is still here, I also tried to delete and to re-add my gpu, but once deleted, my computer was unable to find it again and had bsdo like all the time.
I have so used a memory which lasted for 5 hours !

One thing I noticed is that i have like 3 or 4 bsod's label, so maybe it's a sign of a much deeper wound.

0 Likes

Your Laptop should have a diagnostic software on it that you can run to check your hardware also Acer Support for your Laptop might also have an online Diagnostic site that you can check your laptop with.

To tell you the truth, in my opinion, it is beginning to sound like a hardware is defective or going to be defective.

As an example only, From my previous experience when I started to have multiple BSODs with about 3 same type of BSOD errors while doing normal installations, updates, etc It turned out to be I had a defective RAM Memory module and soon after my Motherboard died.

So multiple BSODs occurring frequently to me indicate failing or defective hardware if it isn't a driver issue.

To eliminate a driver causing your BSODs enable Windows Verifier to determine which driver or drivers are causing your BSODs.

Windows Verifier MS SIte; https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/driver-verifier

NOTE: As a last resort I would do a Full Laptop Recovery back to the way it was when you first purchased it.

If the BSODs continues after that you definitely have defective hardware.

0 Likes