cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Bhagyesh2491
Journeyman III

BSOD atikmdag.sys

I got a BSOD while using my laptop. I tried using Startup Repair, Uninstalling Updates and System Recovery but the problem is persisting. I even tried doing a complete reset through Advanced Options in Startup repair but it didn't work. Finally i installed a new copy of windows through a bootable pendrive (completely formatted the previous partitions on the hdd). It works until Windows tries to update the amd display driver (also for manual update) . The hardware has been checked by the the option available to do so using F2 key while booting. Even contacted the hp support but they aren't able to solve this.

The issue occurs when my device tries to install the display drivers. The error message at the blue screen says-

Stop Code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

What failed: atikmpag.sys

The only workaround to boot into windows seems to be reinstalling a new copy of Windows (but the same display drivers issue occurs )

My system details are- 

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 ec0101ax

Ryzen 5 3550h

Nvidia GTX 1650

Windows 10 Home and Student

8gb RAM 

1 TB HDD (WD)

Also, I had bought two units of the laptop and both were updated to the latest version of Windows as well as the drivers. But only one of them is facing this issue. The issue started when I was playing COD: WW2 . At that time the game started lagging and then it wasn't responding at all for a while so had to power it off directly by using the power button. Please help as the laptop is not working for a week now and even installing Microsoft's March 2021 update didn't fix it. Also tried installing older version of Windows 10 like v2004.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bhagyesh2491
Journeyman III

Why isn't anyone replying ??

0 Likes