cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

attention-dotarice
Journeyman III

bsod atikmdag.sys system_service_exception laptop

hello. i am posting this for a friend of mine whom is having major difficulty trying to get their laptop to work. we are both not good in english but we will try to describe the problem the best we can...

my friend bought a laptop from a pawn shop weeks back. it was originally windows 8.1; but windows 10 was installed on it. it's supposed to be something better than the 2gb ram they used in the past. turns out that the laptop has a ton of problems. they were only wanting to play certain games on the laptop but is unable to because of the laptop having more than 60 hertz.

we read that there are certain versions of amd catalyst that allows the laptop (and the game they want to play) to fully work. however, after a restart, the laptop goes into an endless bsod loop with the error "system_service_exception". thinking it was just windows 10 (as 10 is just horrible in their opinion), they installed windows 7 believing it would fix the problem. it did not.

they did quite a lot of options; from ddu + installing many certain drivers, from preventing windows update from installing drivers (they did this twice, one of them *failed* to update), and from clean installing. they fear that the laptop is a dud. is there a way to solve this problem?

as quote, they posted the information already:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)

System Manufacturer: CYBERPOWER Corporation
System Model: FANG HD8970
Processor: AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. - MS-176K
Video Cards: AMD Radeon(TM) HD8970M

as of yet we do not know how to edit the bios. we read that it's possible to do so in order to do certain things. but this is as far as we went before i left to go make a topic here.

we appreciate any and every help possible. thank you in advance. i apologize if this is in the wrong section by the way...

edit: i just do not hope that the answer is to contact the laptop manufacturer and they mention to go back to here for solutions instead...

0 Likes
0 Replies