Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jd9999
Adept I

BSOD After Updating AMD Driver - Lenovo V330 14-IBK

Hello everyone,

I have been having issues with newer drivers on my system.

When I bought my laptop in November 2018, 

I got a new laptop at the end of last year. It has the following specifications:

Laptop: Lenovo V330 14-IBK

CPU: Intel 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Laptop graphics update...How to 

For laptops with Intel/AMD graphics:

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
jd9999
Adept I

Sorry, I accidently clicked post before finishing.

I have had issues with my laptop since I bought it.

It came with driver version 17.12.

I updated the AMD drivers to the latest version, and I started having some network and mouse issues.

However, yesterday I reset my Windows installation, which fixed the network and mouse issues.

Then I started getting Blue Screen of Death errors with the following code:

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR with parameter 1 = 0x1

This could be fixed by disabling the graphics card or by going back to the old version (17.12).

Hence I am currently running 17.12 at the moment.

However, I would like to be able to utilise the newer graphics drivers.

How can my graphics driver issue be resolved?

My computer's specifications are below:

LAPTOP: Lenovo V330 14IBK

CPU: Intel i7-8550

GPU: AMD Radeon 530

BIOS: LENOVO 6UCN56WW(V4.11), 26/06/2019

RAM: 8GB

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 64bit version 1903 (Windows update says up to date)

Attached with my original post is the minidump

Thanks,

Jamie

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Have you tried to uninstall display drivers for both Intel and AMD in safe mode with DDU software and repeat drivers installation?

0 Likes

Laptop graphics update...How to 

For laptops with Intel/AMD graphics:

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

Thanks for the quick reply!

OK. I didn't realise that Intel had to be updated before AMD.

I will try this some time soon and let you know the result.

0 Likes

OK So I tried this but Intel wouldn't let me install it because the Intel graphics version on here was affected by my OEM (Lenovo).

Interesting thing happened: It seems that after resetting my Windows install some of my drivers had to be reinstalled thorugh Lenovo Vantage.

My AMD driver has updated to 25.20.15018.12 which puts me on Adrenelin 18.12.3. That's still behind the current version (19.8.2).

Also, my laptop installed Radeon Lite settings while doing the installation. Is this OK or should I reinstall Adrenelin 18.12.3 from scratch? I have noticed very high disk usage from that app, I don't know if this is a concern or not.

I will keep monitoring my system and tell you if anything happens.

Thanks,

Jamie

0 Likes

Intel always gives that message....try installing it from the Device Manager > Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1* 

I tried this, but Device Manager stopped it saying it wasn't a compatible driver for the system.

Here are a few screenshots when I try to follow the steps

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

For some reason, it appears that the driver is not compatible with my system. But looking at the compatible graphics cards on the Intel website I think it should be.

Is this a Lenovo thing or something else?

0 Likes

Look in this folder..

0 Likes

C:\Windows\System32\pnputil.exe /add-driver "__YOUR_PATH__\iigd_dch.inf" /install

If you run Command Prompt as an administrator and enter this command, you can install new Intel (DCH) drivers without any problems. You probably won't get a blue screen error if your Intel display driver is updated. If you try to install the driver with the command, replace __YOUR_PATH__ with the full path to the folder for iigd_dch.inf file, and try. Intel could not keep up with the new Windows updates. Either the driver did not work or it gave installation errors. It may also be useful to reinstall the AMD driver after installing the Intel driver. Because Intel and AMD graphics drivers conflict with some files of Vulkan-API.

Thank you very much! The Intel graphics driver installed correctly to the latest version:

pastedImage_1.png

I will now try to update the AMD driver and see what happens.

Thanks,

Jamie

You're welcome. If you get a blue screen error, send the dmp file and specify your driver versions. If I see anything within my knowledge, I will try to help.

0 Likes

'Radeon Lite and driver 25.20...…….'

Seems like MS installed those, did you download/save/install from that package the 530 driver direct from AMD ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Not direct from AMD. It was through Lenovo Vantage. 

When I reset it, it went back to 17.12

Then Lenovo Vantage put it up to 18.12

I checked the Lenovo website for the time the driver was released, and it said the 19th of August 2019.

It seems Lenovo is quite behind in their drivers, which is a bit disappointing.

I am trying to install the new Intel drivers following the manual method through their website now.

I will tell you the results.

Thanks,

Jamie

0 Likes
jd9999
Adept I

Hi everyone,

I have more information for you.

After Lenovo Vantage updated to 18.12, I started having a different BSOD:

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (0x3, ffffb885`af916500, fffff800`6ce087b0, ffffb885`b20716e0) caused by ntoskrnl.exe

This one I have had often before resetting the drivers.

Thanks,

Jamie

0 Likes