Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bartr
Adept I

browser source in relive video capture

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card: ASUS ROG 5700XT (August 2019)
  • Desktop or Laptop System: Desktop
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed: 19.50.19.19-200228a-352369C-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020
  • Display Devices: Dell U2515H 2560x1440 60hz over DP
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision: Steel Legend X570
  • CPU/APU: Ryzen 5 3600 (6c)
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage: Cooler Master MWE Gold 750W
  • RAM: Corsair 16gb (2x8) at 3600mhz

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.

I was running the previous version of Radeon Software (I think it was 19), I was messing in the ReLive settings because enabling Instant Replay caused serious performance issues. I use the capture previous 1 minute of gameplay feature for work. At some point, I discovered a Browser Source. After entering a website, all ReLive Instant Replay video captures (not the screenshots) were overlapped by a small browser window showing that website.

After upgrading to the 20.2.2 version of Radeon Software, I can no longer find this setting to remove the video! I tried resetting settings and profiles using Factory Reset and rebooting the PC but still every replay video shows the overlapping video.
    The only solution I can think of is installing the older drivers, try to find the setting, undo the Browser Source, test if it no longer appears in all relive video captures, and upgrading to v20 again.

• Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
    All games and even desktop captures are affected. I found the Browser Source setting in the v20 for Streaming Scenes but those settings don't help me for the Instant Replay videos.

• Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)

• If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue
    https://i.imgur.com/rflQbGg.jpg This is a screenshot from one of the video captures.
0 Likes
1 Reply
bartr
Adept I

Update: I managed to get it working but it was a huge pain in the *ss.

• I downloaded the AMD driver cleaner tool vrom AMD.com
  • The biggest pain was when it recommended to reboot into Windows 10 Safe Mode for better results. Win10 is suffering from a massive issue that gets users stuck in a safe boot loop. You can't access internet in the bootloop, which is required to log into your administrator microsoft live account (if you don't use a local account). Long story short, had to make a bootable win10 media creation installation tool usb drive thingamajig and redach all optional harddrives in my case to disable safe boot through a cmd line. DON'T USE SAFE BOOT in the AMD CLEANER TOOL, it worked fine with a regular reboot.
  • Installed the latest (v20.2.12 or something) Radeon Software and the website browser source window no longer showed up in my footage.

Took me a full day. Mostly thanks to Microsoft, partially to AMD.