cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: Brought a Pro Duo, installed the driver and it has no provision for enabling crossfire mode that I can see. What am I missing?

RE: How is no-one publicly calling AMD out for any of this? (tech reviewers)
I agree.

It is a total disgrace.
There are many Tech YouTubers who claim RX5700XT is better value than RTX2070S based on  highly skewed to DX12benchmarks/Vulkan, with no mention of all of these Driver Problems in Adrenalin 2020 and before.
Some reviewers are just completely biased towards AMD, and are even claiming Adrenalin 2020 is the next best thing since sliced bread... they tend to get free GPUs to keep.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Re: Brought a Pro Duo, installed the driver and it has no provision for enabling crossfire mode that I can see. What am I missing?

I have been telling people that RX Vega 64 Liquid is still the best GPU amd made recently. 
I have tested a few RX5700XT now. I think they are basically unstable and overclocked far beyond where they should be running. The GDDR6 is on the edge as well.

I have shown a number of cases where an HBM2 overclocked RX Vega 64 Liquid with HBCC on completely beats RX5700XT at 4K or in other cases with HBCC off on other games - is slightly slower FPS but - lets use the AMD Marketing Term I hate "Buttery Smooth" Frame Rate in comparison to the RX5700XT that looks like it has FPS Manic Depression, along with Tourettes levels of stutter, 

colesdav
MVP

There are a number of Pro DUO branded cards.
Exactly which one do you have?
Can you provide a link to the GPU on AMD Web Site please.

You might be ablke to get Crossfire to work using a Hybrid Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 GUI/UI + Driver update using Windows device manger to later driver version.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

gene6545
Adept I

Fixed the issue. apparently the iterations of the AMD drivers are card

specific. So I up loaded the last driver to mention the AMD Crossfire and

used it - so far doing great.

It deals with complex 3d models and scenes very well.

Thanks

gene6545
Adept I

All is well now - using an older driver. The AMD folks need to know that

the updates from AMD are just an update and any new card may have to go

back thru the updates to find one that they can start with. I tried to

start with the Sep. 2020 update and there were no provisions in it for

crossfire support. really odd way to do things.

It is a Pro Duo Polaris 32GB edition.

. It seems to be doing great so far. It does 3D fantastic, renders well and

is ok for video editing.

So I end up letting the CPU handle more of the video editing than I'd like.

GG

colesdav
MVP

Glad it is now working for you.

0 Likes