Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Caesar19
Journeyman III

Brightness/Contrast settings only for active windows/specific app

Hi there, 

is there any possiblity to adjust contrast just for one specific game? I mean I can see the game in Radeon Software, and I am able to adjust contrast, color temperature, etc., but when I do that, it does adjust it for all the system, so the game is brighter, which is fine, but when I switch to browser window (or any other), it's too bright. I'd like to adjust just the game, or it's active windows, and when I switch to another window, it should have the default (global) settings (without adjustments). I tried everything, but I cannot find out how to do this right. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies

So your only changing custom color settings in the radeon settings game profile (not in the global setting).

And game is still running minimized/windowed when you switch to browser/other.

Sounds like you need to send a bug report.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Yes. I set new contrast value in the game tab (for specific game which Radeon Software detected automatically) and this changes the contrast for this game and everything else. As long as this game is running, everything is too bright. As soon as I end the game, system colors are fine again, as soon as I start the game, everything goes bright. I do not touch the global display settings, just the contrast settings for the 1 specific game.

This even persists after a few updates of RS, I guess it wasn't different even before I reinstalled Win 10. 

I have a RX580 Nitro+ from Sapphire.

0 Likes