cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nonametoday
Adept III

brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows

"brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT""

I read that in the "known issues" and i thhink i might have seen it on my 6600xt as well. Can someone elaborate how exactly those corruptions look like and how to reproduce them?
I think i saw them once: When i tabbed out of a game and back i saw some green lines for a split second. Is that it? However i couldn't reproduce it.

0 Likes
6 Replies
nonametoday
Adept III

Really nobody? I'm trying to find example videos or something. Just so i know how it actually looks like and when it occurs.

0 Likes

I have the exact same issue. Been a know issue for months apparently. 

0 Likes
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

By writing 6700 XT they mean as found, confirmed and repeatable sample
Basically it can mean RX 6000 series as a whole. 

0 Likes
aircatcher
Journeyman III

I can't really record this, as this is super random. My display does not fully corrupt, but it gets to a state like slow motion for 1~2 seconds, both video & audio. Corruption happens on mine for like a split second as well, no BSOD fortunately. And yes I'm using 6700 XT.

Now I'm not exactly sure if the current latest driver is the case for this phenomenon https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-FLcAWRonE4

0 Likes
ucin
Journeyman III

On my system , I have the following issue: When working with an active window (whether installing an app or browsing through explorer or using vscode...etc) display will go black for maybe less than a second (blink)  and when it's back see SS. only happens on desktop, no issues while gaming or switching between game and desktop (alt+tab). But it's really annoying ,especially if I'm developing something 

Edit: goes back to normal with win+d. No errors, no driver reset messages. Nothing under events either Screenshot 2023-05-04 111333.png

0 Likes

I have the exact same issue with RX 6600. It happens randomly, just as you described it. I thought it might be related to my Dell U2412M monitor. 

0 Likes