cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ezz
Journeyman III

Brand new PC unusable / 6800XT

My brand new PC is not "working". I have a 240hz  monitor (Samsung G9), works perfectly fine with my old PC (Nvidia card and Intel CPU). My new PC "acts" like It only have 10-15FPS. And this starts from the Windows login screen. I run at 120hz@monitor and 120hz@Windows.

I have read that many people have problems with 240hz (which I also have, screen goes black etc). But my problem is that I can't even use it in 120hz. I spent about 30 hours trying to figure out what the problem is.

Tried to reinstall Windows, GPU-drivers (several times), changed cable, changed monitor etc.. do anyone have an idea what it could be? Any input is highly appreciated.

My build (Windows 10):
NZXT H1 
Asus B550-I
Corsair 32gb ram
Samsung M.2 1tb
AMD Radeon 6800XT (reference)
AMD 5600X

0 Likes
6 Replies

Are you setting your refresh rate here?:

To change the refresh rate
  1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings.
  2. Under Refresh rate, select the rate you want. The refresh rates that appear depend on your display and what it supports. Select laptops and external displays will support higher refresh rates.
0 Likes

Hello and thank you for your reply, I am currently running @120Hz (but it feels like 10-15Hz).

0 Likes

@Ezz wrote:

Hello and thank you for your reply, I am currently running @120Hz (but it feels like 10-15Hz).

Have you been able to set it at a lower refresh rate and work fine.

is the issues specific to 120hz+ for your issue? 

0 Likes
Ezz
Journeyman III

It is 120hz but it was not working. I got it to work (will post solution), but the other problem with all 6800XT running with a Samsung G9 is that it can't run 240hz (but that is another problem).

0 Likes
hideouspenguinboy
Journeyman III

Isn't that case being recalled because of shorts that can start fires?

0 Likes

...and that's another problem! But yes - however, they will be send out "repair kits". But at this point, it would not matter at all as I can not use the PC.

0 Likes