cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

braiven
Adept II

Brand new AMD PC - Freezes by driver installations

I got my brand new AMD PC today (Ryzen 7 3700x, RX 5700 XT, MSI X570 Gaming Edge, Gskill F4-3200C16D-32GVK Memory D4 3200 32GB C16 RipV K2 2X 16GB) with fresh installed Windows Professional to the latest version 1903 and everything seems to work just fine, until we tried to install drivers from AMD. When I try to install a driver it freezes at 16% for a while and my PC starts to reboot then. 

To fix that issue wie already tried "everything": We reinstalled Windows 2 times again, we cleaned every standard drivers with a tool away from Windows, we used older versions and more... NOTHING seems to work. So what the hell is going on? Any ideas?

15 Replies
osirismelb
Adept III

Re: Brand new AMD PC - Freezes by driver installations

Did you download the entire driver package and not the autodetect one that downloads it as you install?

0 Likes
m1adam
Adept II

whatever u do 1st update your msi x570 bios

0 Likes
braiven
Adept II

We did.

0 Likes
braiven
Adept II

First we tried the driver package multiple times, then autodetect one time. Same issue.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Do you have the latest MSI Chip Set installed from 07/01/2019 by any chance.

The 3rd Generation has a special BIOS which you can download from the BIOS Compatibility page: Support For MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI G... .  (But since you are using the 3xxx processor and the computer is booting up you must have this BIOS installed)

Also Windows needs to be fully updated via Windows Update for the latest AMD Drivers to work.

Plus you need to use DDU in Safe Mode with the internet disconnected until after you updated the AMD Driver. Plus delete the previous AMD installation folder at C:\AMD before installing the new AMD Driver set again.

You might want to use Microsoft own Install/Uninstall Troubleshooter before installing the AMD Driver just to make sure it comes back with no issues. I have attached the small program to this post in case you haven't used it yet.

0 Likes
jonaidas
Journeyman III

Hi

I have the same problem....but with a Ryzen 3 2200 G. I already installed Windows 10 Professional version 1903 and everything works ok, until I tried to install drivers from AMD. When I installed a driver it freezes and my PC starts to reboot then. and also I updated my motherboard Bios to the last version. 

0 Likes
jonaidas
Journeyman III

Hi

I have the same problem....but with a Ryzen 3 2200 G. I already installed Windows 10 Professional version 1903 and everything works ok, until I tried to install drivers from AMD. When I installed a driver it freezes and my PC starts to reboot then. and also I updated my motherboard Bios to the last version. 

0 Likes
braiven
Adept II

Exactly what we already did and tried over the last two days... But I appreciate the help. Im going to refund the board and try another one and maybe that works. We already tested the hardware in other PCs and everything seems to work fine just not for the X570 Gaming Edge board from MSI.

jasonamd
Adept II

Same issue but with ASRock X470 Gaming ITX/ac motherboard. I can install driver if I use a 2700X.

ASRock sent me a beta BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.3AB support. My 5700XT+3700X system is now stable with AMD drivers installed.