cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bullfrog84
Adept I

Both 18.12.2 and 19.1.1 freeze my computer, wtf are you people doing?

So I did a restart yesterday prior to installing the new 19.1.1. driver I just got a notification for and low and behold my computer starts freezing as it does every ****ing time there is an update (prior to the install for seemingly no reason what-so-ever). So I took a deep breath and installed the new driver restarted only to boot the recovery screen...??? So I continue past the restore and for some reason it continues to load windows (10). Windows pops up confirming installation and voila, the screen is still freezing and now, in addition, my computer takes almost 5 minutes to do a simple restart. I don't know what the hell you guys are changing, but it's not working - still... I'm going to try and go back to find a driver before 18.12.2 since it is no longer stable either. Another part that sucks about this is when the drivers aren't current, my display is not recognized as 4k monitor and all the content is downgraded... I keep asking myself why I keep buying this crap, but then I look over at nvidia and intel and their overpriced world and I'm beginning to wonder what's to loose except more money since AMD can't keep anything stable.

0 Likes
1 Solution
bullfrog84
Adept I

I had responded in a related thread, but here is the update. I went back and forth between 19.1.1, 18.12.2, and 18.11.2. Right now I'm stable without lag with 19.1.1 with all the side apps installed, but not enabled and this seems to be the catch. Before, with the other versions installed using Relive and Eyefinity only caused problems (for my monitor setup) and now it seems these apps are interconnected, but you don't have to enable them. I will continue to case study this it seems with every update I have to do a clean install several times for the some settings to change. I haven't gone back with older drivers and tried to config the side apps, but I imagine they went back and changed some things there which is why my monitor wasn't being recognized by my card correctly as of the new release and why 18.12.2 keeps showing up as new update. Going to roll with the 19.1.1 until I figure out why my computer is taking 3x longer to boot since this and a windows update, so I'm going to look at some other things there. Good luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
bullfrog84
Adept I

I had responded in a related thread, but here is the update. I went back and forth between 19.1.1, 18.12.2, and 18.11.2. Right now I'm stable without lag with 19.1.1 with all the side apps installed, but not enabled and this seems to be the catch. Before, with the other versions installed using Relive and Eyefinity only caused problems (for my monitor setup) and now it seems these apps are interconnected, but you don't have to enable them. I will continue to case study this it seems with every update I have to do a clean install several times for the some settings to change. I haven't gone back with older drivers and tried to config the side apps, but I imagine they went back and changed some things there which is why my monitor wasn't being recognized by my card correctly as of the new release and why 18.12.2 keeps showing up as new update. Going to roll with the 19.1.1 until I figure out why my computer is taking 3x longer to boot since this and a windows update, so I'm going to look at some other things there. Good luck.

0 Likes