Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zeratul75
Journeyman III

Bootcamp drivers 21.30.44.17 error 182

Hello

I have an iMac late 2015 with bootcamp windows 10.

When I try to install latest official R6 21.30.44.17 bootcamp driver (graphics->mac graphics->apple bootcamp) I got the error 182, impossible to find a compatible card. Graphic chip is R9 m390.

The previous ones R5 are fine, no issue.

Googled it a bit and seems I am not alone with this issue (reddit community confirmed it).

1 Solution

All R9 series GPU cards have been made legacy and are not compatible with any AMD Driver newer than 06/2022.

Try this Unofficial Boot Camp Driver website where the Author modifies the latest AMD Driver to work in a Apple Boot Camp PC: https://www.bootcampdrivers.com/

Here is the above link Compatibility Chart showing which version of AMD still works with various GPU cards:

Screenshot 2022-12-31 005945.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

All R9 series GPU cards have been made legacy and are not compatible with any AMD Driver newer than 06/2022.

Try this Unofficial Boot Camp Driver website where the Author modifies the latest AMD Driver to work in a Apple Boot Camp PC: https://www.bootcampdrivers.com/

Here is the above link Compatibility Chart showing which version of AMD still works with various GPU cards:

Screenshot 2022-12-31 005945.png

Hi. This driver update installer completed okay, thanks. but on completion, the display was weird and prompted for reboot. reboot produced black screen.

I had unchecked the clean install box because all prior installs rebooted to black screen unless this box was unchecked.

restored the driver to prior version.

Did you use the driver dated from May 2021 or earlier?

Because if you use the latest driver from the Boot Camp website it wouldn't be compatible.

Thanks. Actually R5 are released in 03/2022 and Windows reports 11/2021.

I dont need to have the latest R6, R5 for me is fine. I prefer official ones rather than mess with onofficial realeases.

Anyway, amd download center has been fixed. Now it reports R6 driver for 2017-2020 iMac. I am sure at first it was erroneously indicated 2014-2020 thats why me and many others download that driver