cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Flysolo
Adept I

Boot Looping on AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

Hey there guys! I am a newbie when it comes to PC issues. I just need help thanks!

I recently bought a 2nd hand desktop from a friend.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics 3.50 GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte A320M-DS2 (I really don't know if this would matter)

RAM: 16gb (I really don't know if this would matter)

- what happened was when he initially sold me the unit we cleaned install win10pro, installation was fine until we update the drivers it starts boot looping. after hours of isolating whats causing the issue he mentioned it is probably being caused by AMD update from website. So then we tried to download a lower version of graphic driver.

Driver Version: 24.20.11016.4

Driver Date: 5/16/2018 (data came from my PC's device manager)

it actually fixed the issue. But every once in a while the PC crashes based on google its BSOD i was able to snap a pic of it

Stop code: VIDEO TDR FAILURE

What failed: atikmpag.sys

I also did my research and this is being caused by outdated driver. Now I am just afraid of updating this driver again because it might Boot Loop. any thoughts about this guys? or recommendations? thank you so much

0 Likes
1 Solution
Skrybe
Challenger

What BIOS is the motherboard running? On the Gigabyte site there are a ton (17) of bios updates.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-DS2-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver

If it's an old bios there may be compatibility issues with the CPU. You should also make sure you have the most recent AMD chipset driver (same site as above).

Get those up to date before trying the newer video driver.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Skrybe
Challenger

What BIOS is the motherboard running? On the Gigabyte site there are a ton (17) of bios updates.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-DS2-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver

If it's an old bios there may be compatibility issues with the CPU. You should also make sure you have the most recent AMD chipset driver (same site as above).

Get those up to date before trying the newer video driver.

Flysolo_1-1653827816488.png

Ill try to update the BIOS first, thank you

0 Likes

Flysolo_0-1653828347470.png

I am getting this error message trying to run Efiflash

0 Likes

Update:

I have updated my BIOS one at a time from F10 to F51f and I updated the graphics driver. It did not boot loop thank you for the help ^_^ I do hope this will get rid of the BSOD as well

0 Likes

Guess you solved the bios not installing problem

Good to hear it's not stuck in a boot loop again. Hopefully no BSODs now you've got latest video drivers too.

Did you also update the chipset driver? It's recommended to do that as well. But if you haven't and it's stable, you can probably just leave well enough alone.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-DS2-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-chipset

I haven't updated the chipset, currently I guess its stable but in any case I would still encounter a problem I'll just try the chipset update. thanks

0 Likes