cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Vynski
Exemplar

Bluetooth

Is anyone else having problems with Bluetooth keyboards & mouse combos.  I have a Logitech 850 keyboard and a 585 Bluetooth mouse combo on an MSI MEG X570 ACE board with a RYZEN 9 3900X CPU.  Please understand that everything works fine when I boot into Windows 11.  However; if I need to access the BIOS, the keyboard and mouse are not recognized to press the "delete" key to enter the BIOS.  I am running the latest BIOS for that board.  Any time I need to enter the BIOS I have to get a USB keyboard from another computer to allow me to press the "delete" key on startup.

Any suggestions?

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
1 Solution
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi,

you cannot use a Bluetooth Keyboard to enter your BIOS, unless it has some sort of support built-in, which 99,99999% of the computers I've seen won't support and you had to pair it, inside the BIOS.

Its like when the USB first appeared and the standard was PS/2.

Sorry..

The Englishman

View solution in original post

2 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi,

you cannot use a Bluetooth Keyboard to enter your BIOS, unless it has some sort of support built-in, which 99,99999% of the computers I've seen won't support and you had to pair it, inside the BIOS.

Its like when the USB first appeared and the standard was PS/2.

Sorry..

The Englishman

Thanks johnnyenglish

It is just a minor inconvenience to have to retrieve a USB keyboard to get into the BIOS.  

I have a Samsung 27" Freesync monitor on my other desktop that just presents a black screen if you don't disable freesync.  I can tolerate that if I need to enter the BIOS it is easy to disable.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"