Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bintigj
Journeyman III

Bluescreen with radeon vega 8 graphics

Hello,

I am facing issues with my newly purchased laptop from Lenovo (Lenovo IdeaPad 720S-13ARR) - every time I try to watch a video the laptop crashes and I get a blue screen with the error message video_scheduler_internal_error, which points to a problem with the graphics card (Radeon Vega 8 Graphics).

Tried to install an older driver from 2017 and the laptop crashed even more after opening an internet explorer (not even bluescreen but just going black and rebooting after some moments). Updated to the current driver from May 2018 again and at least the old issue with the blue screen came back. After rebooting the issue does not exist anymore and I am able to watch videos somehow.

If the laptop is shutdown again a new bluescreen will appear after starting and opening an internet browser.

Also one app does not load at all, which might have the same reason behind it..

This is probably no hardware problem as I replaced the first laptop with a new one (same model) after the issue was also coming up there.

Hope someone can help - thanks in advance!

Jacob

0 Likes
2 Replies

You need to install the most recent driver from Lenovo. Have you contacted their support for help?

I posted this similar thread for reference:

Vega 8 Mobile Graphics Driver?

0 Likes

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions!

I tried to download current drivers from the lenovo page but it didnt help actually - now I posted in their support forum too and hope someone there can help.