Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

becaktempur
Journeyman III

Blue Screen atikmpak.sys

hi guys,,

so i have old Asus K45DR, i try to fresh install with fresh Win7 then i installed graphic driver with stock laptop driver,,
after that i meet the BlueScreen said something error with atikmpak.sys, i don't know how to solve this,, then i try fresh install with Win 8.1 still same with the problem.

does anyone know how to solve this? i just try install with stock laptop driver, downloading from asus website still same..

Thanks, and sorry for my english, i'm from indonesia

0 Likes
4 Replies

Yes...you have to fully update your OS before trying to install any AMD driver.

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

even with Win8.1 with error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE??

because when i fresh install with that the error appears

thanks i'll try next fresh install, better with Win7 way, Win8.1 comes with video driver so it will blue screen when first start..

thank you for the reply bro..

0 Likes
hapebaru
Journeyman III

I have Asus K45DR with 8GB RAM (4GBx2) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
before all feels smooth, but after I wear suddenly My laptop is very slow,
hot and often Blue Screen. then I decided to reinstall using
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and I get the same problem as you ie after install
Driver VGA AMD RADEON
my laptop is slow when starup and often blue screen. and until now I decided to
remove the VGA driver through Safe Mode. all processes are smooth but the display
is too big because there is no VGA driver. I am grateful to still be in use there
may be a solution from friends in this forum. thanks. 

I'm from East Java, GRESIK

0 Likes

Yes, try to update your Windows first, then install driver from official website.

BUT if your laptop come hot, check CPU fan, sometimes bluescreen appear caused with hot hardware. Error message are same, but the main cause is CPU are too hot.

My laptop CPU temperature reach 110-117 Celsius then bluescreen appear.

0 Likes