Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

justincrowe
Journeyman III

Block Relive recording from recording sensitive application content

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me as im not really a graphics develop per se. I have tried to search the docs but nothing obvious pops out.

I have a desktop application (written in win forms & C#) that is used to allow students to take exams. We currently block screen recording from things like OBS,Skype, print screen and snipping tool etc by setting the windows affinity to monitor only via a windows API call. However, this doesn't stop students using the ReLive recording features to record the exam content for potential distribution.

Are there any low level APIs that i can leverage in order to not allow my application to be recorded? Or is there another way i can stop the application from being recorded?

I have also looked into DRM and watermarking but the content isn't video based so i dont think this is viable.

Thanks for any help in advance because im beginning to think this isn't possible.

Justin

0 Likes
5 Replies

I presuming you are talking about Online Exams that student takes on their own personal computer or is this a classroom with several computers that the school uses for students to take exams or tests. Or does it run on a School Server so as to run on various school classroom computers for students?.

What Operating System are you using if it is running on a School's Server/Computer?

Basically you want to filter or block AMD Relive from recording during the times the Students are taking Exams to prevent the students from broadcasting the Exam's questions to other Students or future students.

The program you are using can't be coded to prevent Students from activating AMD Relive by disabling Relive entirely from running?  I guess you probably tried and was unsuccessful.

If it is running on a School Server/Computer, you can always disable Relive through Radeon Settings. If you want to disable it on a student's individual Computer that is a different story.

If this concerns a School Server type computer maybe posting your question here might help: AMD Server Gurus .

If it is for a Student's personal computer this might help in finding a answer: Devgurus  ( they have several Forums to choose if applicable).

Maybe one of the Moderators here at AMD Forum might be able to direct you in the right direction.

0 Likes

I did notice that even when you install without it - all the software is still loaded and to activate the  whole Relive experience is only a click away without a reboot.

0 Likes

Yep, the app is installed onto a users device. The exam content is downloaded to the app prior to the test. Encrypted on local disk in a local db.
When running the test, no connectivity is required as all data is already on the machine.

I have tried to look at killing processes:

Killing the "Relive Desktop overlay" process does seem to stop the recording shortcut from working. But i'm essentially just killing a random process with no real idea if its needed or how to re activate it on the users machine.

UPDATE actually scratch that. Recordings still work, it just doesn't show the notification that it started, which makes sense given that i killed an overlay process. So thats a no go.

0 Likes

Perhaps a query with https://support.amd.com/en-us/contact/email-form explaining your situation/requirement.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thanks for this. I have done so. Lets see what they come up with.

0 Likes