cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

StokedRegent4
Journeyman III

Blender - Unsupported Graphics Card Configuration Issue?

So recently my Blender and Unity started to have issues where every time Id try to open it it'd say "A Graphics Card and Driver with support for Open GL 3.3 or higher is required. Installing the latest driver for your graphics card might resolve the issue".

Now of course I followed what it said but my driver is fully updated and no more updates are available and so I did some research to fix this before asking for support so I found something that could be the cause, I thought it might be that might computer may be connecting to my CPU's internal graphic's and not my AMD Radeon RX 6600, so I disabled the Internal Graphics in my device manager and even changed my Graphics in my bios to Auto and not CPU, hoping this might solve the issue but it hasn't, so I've come looking for help if anyone can help me?

0 Likes
3 Replies

I bet if your run GPU-Z and at the bottom where it shows all the APIs that are enabled by the AMD driver you will notice that the OpenGL version is 1.1 instead of 4.6.

If it is showing OpenGL version 1.1 use search feature at AMD Forum and input "OpenGL 1.1" and you will see several threads past and current with that error.

A couple of Users were able to fix the issue by using a different Video Output to their Monitor:

Here is one with changing the video port on the GPU card also using Blender:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/radeon-rx-6800-xt-opengl-is-stuck-at-1-1-instead-of-4-...

Screenshot 2023-02-25 094200.png

If the above isn't the case then please post your PC Information.

0 Likes

How do I get to the GPU-Z, I know a lot about tech and computers but I am by no means A professional so Please inform me where to go to get there and I got the rest?

0 Likes

You can download the free GPU-Z  from this excellent Tech site called TechPowerUp: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

what is great about GPU-Z it gives you all the information on your GPU Card/IGPU plus shows you all the APIs that are enabled plus other features as you can see from the image from the thread I posted in my previous reply.

I use the API part of GPU-Z to determine if a AMD Driver is properly installed or not.

NOTE: TechPowerUp also has a vBIOS Database that you can download the appropriate BIOS for your GPU card in the future.

0 Likes