Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Jimminy89
Adept I

Blank Screen issues whilst gaming

Hello everyone, 

Wasn't sure where to post this issue, but I seriously need some help. I am not very PC literate, and google hasn't exactly given me answers as it seems my problem is quite specific. I'm also not 100% sure it is a problem related to amd software but my issue is affecting a couple of drivers so there is a crossover.

Since mid March I've had an issue where I'll be playing something on PC and suddenly my screen will go blank, and my samsung TV will tell me that there is nothing connected to the HDMI port. The PC is still on, and running, but my TV won't let me view it. The only solution is to force my PC off, and then turn it on again. Then it can reconnect and I'm back to normal.

The PC doesn't crash or anything and I have run these games before with no issues. It's like a display driver just randomly fails. 

After I got my PC back on, I noticed that when I opened my AMD Adrenalin software it said that the drivers were outdated and I had to download new ones. I also had no sound. So I installed the latest for my graphics card (Radeon RX6700 XT) on windows 10 and it all seemed to be fine. 

However its a reoccuring issue, and it only seems to happen at random times, but always whilst gaming. 

I had thought at first that it might have been an issue with the HDMI cable, however no matter what cable I use its the same problem. 

I then thought that it was a samsung issue and tried several fixes for HMDI port glitches but it's still happening. Plus my other devices such as Nintendo Switch and Xbox One X havent got this issue at all. 

It must be a driver issue. I read on an AMD forum that the Adrenalin software can interfere with drivers from the original manufacturer, as well windows itself?  So I uninstalled Adrenalin and I'm now using essentially, local drivers. But its the exact same issue. 

Everytime this problem happens, I have to reinstall the display drivers each time, as I always lose sound. It's almost like the drivers won't stay updated.  I don't know whats going on but if any of this makes any sense I would really appreciate some advice.

My specs below as I understand them, if there's anything else you need then do let me know

Masterbox MB520

Asus Prime H310M-R R2.0 motherboard

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz

AMD Radeon RX6700 XT 12GB

16GB RAM

Thank you,

Jimminy

0 Likes
1 Reply

Could be windows update installing its driver version, check your update history and/or 'windows reliability history monitor.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes