cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brunoalves20015
Adept III

Re: Black Screens on 5700XT

Hello, I am doing some tests and the 2 days I am using my computer without any blue or black screen.
I formatted my computer in 2 days and installed all drivers displayed by the Gigabyte Ax370 Gaming Rev 1.1 motherboard.
Windows 10 update 1903 -
And apparently it is stable and smooth with blue or black screen.
Did the problem occur in Windows 10 update 1903?

My use is as follows:
-Playing Steam PUBG
-LiveStream Online using Twitch using OBS with obs-amd-encoder-2.6.0.0.
-I'm not using the secondary monitor to view the chat, ie only 1 monitor connected, and previously used 2 monitors and having problems, so I decided to change all the format I was using.

The first time it appears on the blue or black screen, I will come back here and let you know how long it will take to happen and if I did before it came up again or problem.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

A lot of driver glitches happen when old driver information gets inserted back in by the Windows Fast Startup Feature. Disabling this ensures that only the latest driver you install is there. This could explain why a fresh install did not exhibit the previous issue. Lots of things though can cause driver hangs. One of the more common stability tweaks on AMD cards and my be worth trying if the issue comes back is to raise the power limit slider to it's maximum in Radeon Settings / Wattman.

0 Likes
rikimaru360
Journeyman III

Hi I'm also having same problem... crash after crash, fresh windows fresh installs. 2700x 5700xt. 

I am using 2 monitors, have you had any crash after going to 1? has the OP said if he used 1 or 2? 

Are there any users here experiencing this with 1 monitor only? im just trying to find the cause of my problem thanks as i can not use my pc like this is driving me INSANE and i use my pc lots everyday.

0 Likes
yahaway
Adept II

instead of changing bios fast startup, couldn't you just check-mark the option to erase amd folder in ddu? then when you do a fresh install the only driver will be the latest.

0 Likes
yahaway
Adept II

Also, doe anyone know if Afterburner still has that option to keep your voltage levels at a constant through all phases?

Has anyone tried that yet? Lower voltage levels a bit and keep them at a constant. Use fan curve and/or undervolt to keep temps averaged out. See if that eleviates driver crashes/black screens.

0 Likes
brunoalves20015
Adept III

Hello, So far I have not got any blue screen or black screen. I didn't update windows after installation, the only installations of windows updates i'll leave in printscreen. I didn't use 2 monitors again, I'm only using 1 since I formatted the computer.

There is no way to know why I didn't get blue or black screens anymore. It may be due to not updating windows or just using 1 monitor. I also disabled windows quick launch..

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_3.png

wattman.pngUPDATE.png

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Not even close to doing the same thing. 

0 Likes
kino1982
Journeyman III

Good evening. I am the owner of graphics card XFX RX 5700XT RAW II. Like many owners of 5700XT video cards, I experienced problems in games such as disabling monitors, black screens, and green screens. The video card is connected to two Full HD 60 Hz monitors. I did not have black screens and disable monitors when I turned off almost all sliders in the Adrenaline 2020 driver in the Monitors tab. Here is a screenshot. Maybe this will help you avoid the problem with the black screen. In the video Card tab, I have the following sliders. Here is a screenshot.2020-02-16_171403.png2020-02-16_171823.png

0 Likes
jack3
Adept I

This is definitely a driver issue. I was using a very old driver for a very long time after upgrading to 5700xt because the new drivers were causing so many issues. I did finally upgrade to the latest driver after the old drivers were causing my fans to over work and make a noise. 

After upgrading to the latest driver when watching videos in the browser the screen goes black, this happens realy frequently and is very very annoying. 

Can this be fixed!!!!!!!!!