cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

asthmasthma
Journeyman III

Black Screen

My GPU is a Asus ROG Strix 5600xt. I am currently still having the black screen issues after a certain amount of gaming. I had three black screen crashes today in Rainbow Six Siege and one yesterday. I have been having this problem for two weeks since I switched from NVIDIA to AMD. I do have the latest drivers installed. Any temporary or permanent fixes? Or do I have to wait for another update?

0 Likes
8 Replies

sadly it is look like 5600 xt and 5700 xt have this problem it is the driver side problem last update fix it for some games but i have the same problem time to time . 

0 Likes

Did you run DDU before installing the latest driver? If not I suggest you try that. 

0 Likes

5500 xt to.... 3 days whit this new graphic and i can't return it to the shop because no "satisfaction waranty..."

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

Please try this method.

Access violation errors (Exception code: 0xc0000005) can happen because of different reasons. Corrupted files being one of them. I was getting this error daily. After doing a fresh install of the drivers (DDU and factory reset), I'm currently testing whether or not giving RadeonSoftware.exe admin access will resolve it if it is indeed running into access issues.

I'm on day 3 with no black screen yet. At this point I'd do anything to resolve it. I also gave full access in the security tab and disabled windows "full screen optimizations". I have no idea whether this will work or not but it can't hurt. I'll do what I can until AMD finally fixes this issue.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

0 Likes
ademk28
Adept I

I have the same issue but on a Vega 64. I get a black screen for a few seconds and then it goes back to normal. This happens when I’m gaming for an hour. I might like to also add, what windows build are you using assuming your using Windows 10?

Does the GPU tach on the card go fully lit indicating GPU maxed out? 
Does Radeon Settings go blank when it recovers?
Thanks.

0 Likes
ademk28
Adept I

None of those happen. My GPU usage is fine and I never experienced a black screen issue until I realized it was windows. The problem lies within the windows version I had, build 1903 causes that issue. Simply upgrading to Windows build 1909 fixes the black screen for me.

mickeekung
Challenger

0 Likes