cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

anto2093
Journeyman III

Black screen with R9 380.

Hi, i have update driver with last version (16.5.1).

But when try to make a heaven benchmark, the scene with windmill the driver crash and my monitor going to black screen,

forcing me to restart.

When is solved thi issue?

EDIT: I want to try forza apex edition but i can't because i don't have correct driver.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
stoyy
Journeyman III

Re: Black screen with R9 380.

I can confirm a crash with black screen in World of Warcraft with 16.5.1 as well, seriously AMD when are you going to fix these issues. Am also on a R9 380.

This needs to be solved now, because we are how many crimson releases now and the same problems in games.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are investigating reports of crashing on R9 380 GPUs, apologies for any inconvenience caused. The temporary solution is to use Catalyst 15.11.1 beta.

0 Kudos
mysterymeat
Adept I

I have this same problem and have the 380... recently I've only been playing Diablo 3 which also gets the occasional black screen / display driver not responding - although one thing I've noticed is the last few times it has done it is as I've open parts of the UI.  The bank, inventory, leaderboards etc.  Maybe that's just coincidence, but hope it helps narrow it down as this is one frustrating issue to deal with.

0 Kudos
locodicegr
Miniboss

Any news for a fix? its becoming ridiculous.

0 Kudos
dominus
Journeyman III

Same problem here as well with 2x R9 380 by powercolor with crossfire on and turned off, even removed one card, diablo 3, star citizen, gta 5, fall out 4, witcher 3 and many others, even facerigg all cause black screen forcing to press restart button or display driver not responding.

0 Kudos
anto2093
Journeyman III

Today with the last driver i make a benchmark with heaven benchamark, and work perfect without black screen.

Problem solved?

0 Kudos
locodicegr
Miniboss

test games not 3dmarks........

0 Kudos
dominus
Journeyman III

no the latest driver may 16th or previous versions didn't fix the 380's still black screens forcing to press restart button or display driver not responding with crossfire on and turned off, even removed one card while playing diablo 3, star citizen, gta 5, fall out 4, witcher 3 and many others along with facerigg.

0 Kudos
666nightsinhell
Adept II

16.5.2  and now installed 16.5.3 on windows 10 64 after 2 minutes of playing fallout 4 black screen and i need to force restart on windows 7 i have driver crash and dont need to restart pc, happens with other games too.Every tested catalyst or crimson drivers have same issues.