Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jatoxo
Journeyman III

Black Screen while installing newest Drivers

Windows 10 Pro

RX480

i5 6400

After the notification wouldn't stop popping up every 20 seconds I tried to update the drivers in hopes of fixing that.

As usual I click on 'Express upgrade' on AMD Settings. This time during the installation the screen just went black, and stayed that way. It turns off and on but will stay black.

I restarted the computer with the power button. The issue persists, I cannot do anything anymore. It'd be great if there's a way to fix this.

A Youtube video was playing while updating, maybe that matters, I wouldn't know.

0 Likes
3 Replies

YouTube probably,

You will probably now have to try Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I ignored the notice because I see it a lot and it never made problems, I think I often had Youtube running while updating AMD drivers. Well, my bad.
I noticed the system wasn't actually fully shutting down, when I turned it on I could hear the video continue playing, which shouldn't happen without me entering the password. Cutting Power solved the issue, and AMD Settings says it's using the latest version now. I came back to this message
Annotation 2019-06-04 054758.jpg
Should I still do a clean install?

0 Likes

That 'Application has been blocked.....' can be bad driver install or corrupt OS files.

If a clean driver install doesn't fix it, then try asking on https://www.tenforums.com/ for help with that. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..