Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mantq
Journeyman III

Black Screen while Installing AMD Drivers

Hello guys,

Computer is performing not as expected and I do believe it is because I do not have appropriate drivers in stalled. I've looked up the exact computer that I have (Acer Aspira 3 (A315-41-R9V0) and other people run programs/games with no issues where I do have lag. Can't play games like DOTA 2 for example, game loads fast but upon opening menu lags so hard that I can barely even go to options in game..

I can't install the driver properly as it will always end up giving me black screen from where I have to boot in safe mode and delete driver.. I have Windows 10 x64
How can I update the drivers without getting the blak screen..??
Help me out please..
Thank you!

0 Likes
2 Replies

Thank you for the reply and sorry for not posting any information, here are the specs and info:

Acer Aspire 3 (A315-41-R9V0) 15,6"

AMD Ryzen 3 2200U 2x 2.50 GHz (TurboBoost 3.40 GHz) / 8 GB RAM / 256 GB SSD / Radeon Vega 3 / 39 cm (15,6") 1920 x 1080 Pixel (Full HD) Display / Wireless LAN 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac / Bluetooth 4.0 / integr. WebCamera / 2.4 kg /

Tried downloading drivers through Acer Website putting in "SNID" and getting drivers from there: Date: 2018/05/04 Version: 17.40.3601.1004 Vendor: AMD Size: 369.4 MB

Also tried via AMD Website where the program tries Automatically Detect and Install drivers and it Didnt work either and a few times i got an error 182 via this as it couldnt identify my card

Guys please, if anyone knows what I could do, let me know, I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you

0 Likes