cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

java_machine
Adept I

Black screen when switching tabs with Win + Number keys

Hello, I have a strange issue to troubleshoot.

Computer Type: Desktop

CPU: AMD 5800X CPU

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.Black

RAM: Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600MHz CL16 64GB (XMP Enabled on BIOS)

GPU: Sapphire 5700XT Nitro+ (21.7.1 Driver)

MB: AORUS X570 Pro WiFi (Latest BIOS F33 and Chipset 2.17.25.506)

PSU: AORUS P850W 80+ GOLD Modular

SSD0: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB

SSD1: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB

Monitor: AORUS FI27-Q 1440p 165Hz

I get black screen issue when game runs on Full Screen mode and I switch tabs with Win + Number keys (It switches to the tab instantly in the order it was opened).

I tried switching tabs with ALT + TAB, no black screens (tried several times with several games). But as soon as I hit Win + 1 or Win + 2 (1 is Firefox for me and 2 is Chrome) I get 100% chance of getting black screen.

No BSOD, No crashes either. I am sure that is GPU issue since I can hear in game sounds and my friends talking over TeamSpeak.

For now I can only think of DDU ing GPU driver and rolling back to older versions as temporary workaround.

p.s. Everything runs on default (Except fan curves, no Power limit changes, no OC)
p.p.s. Hardware Acceleration is disabled for both Firefox and Chrome
p.p.p.s. Checked WHEA errors in Event Viewer and nothing there

0 Likes
1 Solution
java_machine
Adept I

UPDATE: I contacted AMD Tech Support and they suggested to try clean boot (which does not help). Also they suggested DDUing and rolling back driver to 21.3.1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
java_machine
Adept I

UPDATE: I contacted AMD Tech Support and they suggested to try clean boot (which does not help). Also they suggested DDUing and rolling back driver to 21.3.1
0 Likes