cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

socalledaki
Journeyman III

black screen when installing drivers AMD version 18.5.1

So I recently discovered that there's a new AMD "recommended" update which is the 18.5.1. Midway on installation, the screen went flashing black *as it usually does during the installation* but after some of those, the screen suddenly went pure black. I had no choice but to reboot my pc and when it comes to the windows icon and the circle icons passed by, it just went on the black screen. So what I did is to boot on my bios changed my gfx configuration to the video slot from the cpu and remove the cable to my gpu to the cpu. Bootup was fine but I had to uninstall and downgrade my drivers back to 18.2.1. Is this an AMD related issue or is it something that I dont know? An immediate respond will be highly appreciated thank you.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Your going to have to post a tad more information > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes
conep
Journeyman III

I also got the same problem yesterday after upgrading to 18.5 catalyst, screen turned black halfway, flicked back on for a few seconds then went back to black. Youtube was open in my browser so I could hear sounds but the display never went back on. Is this a driver problem? will try rolling back drivers to see if it will work. I have already performed UDD.

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Asus RX470 4GB
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
  • Display Devices
    • HDMI to VGA
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • A88, latest version
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD 10, 7700k, APU R7
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • 800 watts
  • RAM
    • 8GB 1333mhz
0 Likes
conep
Journeyman III

For anyone having these problems, try performing a DDU, then install the optional driver 18.5.2. It resolved the problem for me. The only downside is that I am now unable to open Adrenaline and is now showing me an error message saying my device drivers are out of date.

0 Likes
shadow07
Adept III

I do have the same problem...………...

0 Likes