Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Kostas1983
Adept I

Black screen when installing 21.10.2 & 21.11.1 drivers

Hi

Yesterday I assemble my brand new computer, installing fresh copy of windows and all went well. I installed the chipset drivers all ok. I download the recommend Adrenalin 21.10.2 drivers AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G Drivers & Support | AMD for my APU Ryzen 7 5700G and black screen occurred during installation. Restarting my computer and after a while loading Windows black screen again. Fortunately I had made a recovery disk. I recovered the Windows to it's original fresh state, again chipset drivers and after that i tried Adrenalin 21.11.1 Optional, also got black screen during installation. Again recovered my Windows, trying to install the drivers from device manager after extracting Adrenalin 21.10.2 no luck. Black screen again. Recovered my Windows once more. Haven't try to install drivers from safe mode and i dunno if it works. The weird is, it works fine with the basic windows drivers with no problems. The problem start during installation, so in other words i cannot use adrenalin drivers at all. What the heck is going on?

I suspect, either bad driver, since it works fine with the basic windows drivers or something happens during installation. It sound like it forces the fan to much during installation and after a while the black screen occurs, like somehow it cannot handle the high temperature? and black screen occurs to prevent damage to the hardware? 

Any ideas?

Modo: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro V2

BIOS:  F14e

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700G

Ram: G. Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-8GVKB 16gb 4x4gb

Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1

0 Likes
1 Solution

Unbelievable! Problem solved! It was HDMI cable! I change it and boom! Drivers worked like charm! I don't why but it was HDMI cable causing this issue!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Kostas1983
Adept I

Is it possible this problem occurs because my monitor is old?

My monitor is: Dell U2713H

0 Likes
kreipein
Journeyman III

I had a similar issue when I went from an RX 580 to 5700XT but I got a BSOD when it crashed. I fixed it by doing a clean install of windows 10

0 Likes

Every try i did was with clean windows installation. The drivers during installation keep to occur with a black screen. Even the oldest ones and i start to consider incompatibility issue due to monitor is old. There is no chance all the drivers to be broken. Something else is going on i think.

0 Likes

Here is another clue. Windows report 1.000hz refresh rate with the Microsoft basic display driver and it doesn't change no matter what I do! Is this normal? 

0 Likes

Unbelievable! Problem solved! It was HDMI cable! I change it and boom! Drivers worked like charm! I don't why but it was HDMI cable causing this issue!

0 Likes