cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nefe
Adept II

Re: Black screen when installing AMD drivers

Could one of the moderators give us some official information about this? I think it's important we know wether there's a point in waiting for a fix or not.

maruahanka
Adept I

Re: Black Screen When Installing 17.12.2 Drivers HD 7870 Win 7

Any idea on what that would be? None of the drivers seem to be working correctly. Seems to be a combination of windows and AMD drivers.

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

From your other thread,

You need the card connected to monitor and card set to initial display first (or auto) in your bios to install driver.

It should boot up and display using the win drivers.

Guessing you fixed the igpu black screen.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 7000s 2tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro..
0 Likes
ezrawolvenheart
Adept II

Thanks goodplay, I managed to fix that when I did a clean install of Windows. Now the only problem that persists is the one caused by AMD drivers. Thanks!

0 Likes
monkeytx
Newcomer

Some people in youtube comments were saying it is because AMD brought a company ATI, now their drivers conflict with some hardware, & they either lack the ability to fix the issue, or just don't care to.

0 Likes
ezrawolvenheart
Adept II

Who knows, but I don't really think that's the problem since AMD bought ATI more than 10 years ago... Also, this doesn't seem to be a generalized issue (not everyone has it), even though we're seeing a number of similar cases around here. To be honest, I have no idea what the root cause of the problem could be, as it seems to happen in different versions of Windows, drivers and different GPUs.

As nefe​ says I would also like some words from AMD about this. We need to know if there's going to be a way to fix this without putting our GPUs into the oven or something like that, or if we should be preparing our wallets to buy another one.

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

Some things that could be worth a try,

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 7000s 2tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro..
0 Likes
nefe
Adept II

I think I'm gonna bring my computer to a professional today and I'll hear what he has to say about it. Maybe he can fix it or maybe he can't but at least it should bring some light on the matter. I'll let you guys know what he told me once I get my computer back.

0 Likes
ezrawolvenheart
Adept II

Thanks man! Please, keep us updated

0 Likes
ezrawolvenheart
Adept II

Has someone tried installing the new 18.1.1 driver? I think I'll try tomorrow, though I've already given up hopes with any driver version until AMD says something about this.

0 Likes