Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

reload050
Adept I

Black Screen When Enhanced Sync Is Enabled 5700 XT

Hi all,

I just updated my drivers to 20.1.4, and I've noticed that there is still a crash (The PC still on, I just have no signal on the monitor and I have to hard reboot) when I launch some games with the enhanced sync enabled. Once it is disabled, no problems at all.

Do you guys have the same issue ? This is a old thing, as I had this with all the previous version except 19.12.1.

I got a 5700 XT as a GPU

10 Replies

My LG panel supports that and my RX 480 likes it too, wonder if you need to use DDU too clean up messy driver leftovers

0 Likes

Thank you for your answer. I did that with the cleaning utility tool provided by AMD, and it did nothing. I just gained space on my main hard drive. But still the same issue

0 Likes

check your panel settings to be sure the freesync is on

0 Likes

Freesync is on yeah. Anti lag is too.

0 Likes

then the card should notice this

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

Make sure VSYNC (which is different than Enhanced sync and different than Freesync) is turned off in the game settings for whatever game you're trying to launch. VSYNC and enhanced sync don't play well together.

Good point. Enhanced sync does not work unless vert sync is turned off in games.

kingfish wrote:

Good point. Enhanced sync does not work unless vert sync is turned off in games.

Most games do not have vsync enabled by default

0 Likes

Enhanced sync will not work unless vert sync is off in the game menu.

I'll try ! thanks !

0 Likes